• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

pine island

any fishing reports up around pine island , thinking about heading up there today and fish thru the cold weekend

Swamp: Just got back from there. Not many houses real close to Pine anymore, most have headed deeper to the mud. Not saying that there are no houses there, but certainly no where near the number as a couple of weeks ago. We were out in 33' about 8miles, and there were houses past us. Good luck and hang on. Bill

My wife and I stayed w/ Bayview Lodge and rented a house from them on 01-16-08. We were about 6 miles out from Pine Island in 33-34' of water. We ended up catching about 40 and kept 11 saugers, 5 walleyes, and a football of a perch. Our best luck was on crappie sized demon jigs, glow/pink and glow/green being best with shiners. I also had good luck on a small orange/yellow northland forage minnow spoon with a whole shiner. I'd leave that on the bottom and carefully lift it every once in while. Usually there'd be a fish on it. The gal at the bait shop said bubble gum glow was good too, and we did catch a couple on that colored jig. Action was slow, but steady, till about 2pm and then it got tough! We had our 14 by 2 and were talking about getting back to the resort by 4 and ended up staying till 5pm to put our last 2 in the bucket....typical!!! From other's we talked to that night, it sounded like everyone caught fish and the action slowed in the afternoon. Looking forward to my early March trip w/ the guys from work!

Brian