• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

what lake

3 big lakes for walleyes that u here most of time what is better

Mille Lacs

Lake Of The Woods

Red Lake

or other big lakes that come to mind.

and what lake to fish around here for good panfish or eyes

ice fishing - Red Lake

Early summer - Mille Lacs

July and August - Lake of the Woods

my personal favorite is Mille Lacs. My brother-in-law guides on it so I get up to the minute reports.

Originally Posted By: settymn
ice fishing - Red Lake

Early summer - Mille Lacs

July and August - Lake of the Woods

my personal favorite is Mille Lacs. My brother-in-law guides on it so I get up to the minute reports.

I agree completely now if I could only get your brother in law to give me up to date reports on Mille lacs.

he gives out the info all the time, but having the hot line to him helps

he did say last night that the pond has been very slow this winter (perch is about the only thing biting), but travel out there is at best s*cks. If you don't use a paid road, then you need a snowmobile to get around. 4-wheelers get stuck a lot and a truck isn't even worth driving it out there

Rainy river near where it enters lake of the woods. There is an early walleye season around three weeks before the regular opener. You might have to push the boat across some ice since the edges of the river may be still frozen. Everyone we saw was doing very well. The one thing to watch for is the water clarity. The bite slows down a lot when the water's murky. It's something to check on before you go.

With out a doubt it would have to be low. Hands down it has been the most consistant fishery throughout the years. We have had a few bad outings, but most of the years weve done well.

The Rainy is a major fun spot to hit early spring when the ice is open down the middle till the Fork rivers open up then it gets muddy, fish stop. Keep an eye on the Rainy river forum for tips when it starts then get up there and have some fun. Just done plan on bringing a big boat. something you can shore ice. Nice Eyes taken all the time and even a suprize Sturgeon sparks up the furry. Can't wait.