Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
keyks42

north end

keyks42

Anybody fishing the north end? Do any of the resorts have roads out to any of the mud flats? most of the talk is on the east end.

Thanks

Mark

Kyle Sandberg

Mark, I've heard reports that Red Door has some roads going out. I'm not sure how far but some of those flats aren't very. Calling around to the other resorts would be your best bet this weekend with the cold temps and changing iceconditions by the hour.

Harmonica Bear

Barnacles has roads going out to East Flat, Sliver, and Barnacles Flat. At one point they had a trail out to the Jug. I have no up-to-date info if that turned into a road yet or not. There is a lot of slush out there so you are limited to a point without a snow machine as to where you can go. As of last week, only the east side of East Flat was ok, west of that was all slush. I beleive Barnacles Flat had similar conditions. Not to mention fishing has been pretty poor. Some perch are being caught on the sand break and some walleye as well.

Bison9

Harmonica, you sure about those roads out to those far away areas like Sliver? Last year, my buddy and I had a little bird tell us that they were hittin at Sliver. Well, we went out from the North shore and made the long, 9 mile trek out to SLiver (pretty much the middle of the lake). It was well worth it once we got there, but I can tell you this, after about a mile out from the North shore, the plows said, forget it! There wasn't a road even remotely close to Sliver. There were about 3 other shacks on Sliver that day (Sliver is an area the size of my boat where it goes from 33 ft up to 25 - they don't call it sliver for nothin!!), and as we were leaving that night, we saw two guys flat out stuck. Yeah, they had Silverados and were still stuck. Lucky for us, my RAM 2500 Deisel plowed through the snow, but you can flat forget about hoping there's a road going out there. Just my $2 for the day! Good luck to all - if all goes well, we'll be there next weekend!

Harmonica Bear

I think we are talking to different slivers. There is a small "sliver" flat inbetween Barnacles and East, that on the resort map is referred to as sliver. Sorry if I created any confusion.

late night

If you look on the Nittis Hunters Point web-site, go to webcam, then click on All Around the Lake Report you can get a report from lots of resorts around the lake. Last updated on the 16th. Good site, lots of info on resort roads and rentals. Its sounded like the north and west side resorts are having a tough time this year. Many with little or no roads and rentals available.

keyks42

Late night

Thanks for the info I will try that web site. If anybody fishes the north end this weekend let us know how it goes.

I haven't been on the pond all year and will be going next friday. I keep telling the wife I need a sled but it falls on deaf ears.

Mark

eyemaster

I am heading to Barnacles next weekend also, any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Kyle Sandberg

Hey mark, good luck next week. I think your wife needs hearing aids. grin.gif See ya in a couple weeks.

fisherking32

The wife and I have only fished the lake twice. We went out of Garrison Thursday night. With Garrison Sports and the houses aren't very far out. The wife caught a 26" walleye and mine was 24". We missed 4 or 5 during the night, but catching two walleye 2 foot long or better is still a good time to me.

fisherking32

The wife and I have only fished the lake twice. We went out of Garrison Thursday night. With Garrison Sports and the houses aren't very far out. The wife caught a 26" walleye and mine was 24". We missed 4 or 5 during the night, but catching two walleye 2 foot long or better is still a good time to me.

Kyle Sandberg

Keyks, here is the latest report out of Red Door and Barnacles.

Red Door Resort

A few limits of walleyes and Jumbo's too. They now have a plowed roads out to some of the flats. Lake roads now open to the public. We have all the houses out now. Still some slush areas to be aware of but all of our roads are looking good. Their phone number is 218-678-3686.

Barnacles Resort

We have new roads to the flats the old road is cracked up too bad to use so stay off. The ice is good it seems to be at least 14 inches in most spots. I think all this cold weather has turned the fish off. Reports have been bad. A few walleyes are being caught in the sands but not so many perch. My cousin caught a 28 and 1/2'' walleye on Barnacles flat and a few came off of the bumps, the other flats seem to be dead. Contact Barnacles Resort at 1-218-678-3122 for more info.