Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bowfin

Mirror Lake

3 posts in this topic

Been monitoring this site for up-to-date info for a couple years now(especially spring smelt run). Thought I'd join the fun.

Anyway, I've been thinking about trying Mirror Lake just west of Hwy 4 north of Duluth. I've noticed a fisherman on the lake here and there when I drive by. DNR site shows stocking of brown trout and more recently splake although I think they plan on stopping the stocking. Anyone try this lake and do any good? What's best to fish for? Any tips or advice?

I live near Mirror lake. Fished it a few times in the summer, with little success. Usually catch tons of tiny perch, and a few 8" browns with white meat. Your probably better off going to Clear lake over by the Minnow-ette. You can get soem decent sized rainbows in there. We've caught some up to 18", but the average is more like 13".

I've fished Mirror a couple times in the winter and have only caught small perch and crappies. I haven't heard of anyone catching any fish out of clearwater this year either. I wonder if DNR stocking is down in this area this year?