Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishersofmen

Garbage Rant

11 posts in this topic

Being out on Buffalo a few times a week I can't help but notice all the garbage all over the ice. I would just like to see everyone pick up after themselves a little bit better. Its no different than throwing your garbage over the side of the boat. I think most of the guys on this site have enough respect for our lakes not to do this, its just too bad the same can't be said for everyone. Maybe we need to start an "adopt a lake" at the end of the ice fishing season just to clean up everyones mess.....

I usually pick up a small shopping bag full of [PoorWordUsage] every time I go out on buffalo. It really ticks me off that people are more respectful of the water they are fishing out of but I wont let it sit there if I see it.

I hear ya. I had once found an oil filter used, with quarts re-filled with used motor oil left out there. Need less to say I took them with me, but couldn't do anything about the 1/2 quart that was spilled onto the ice. I think a black eye might be a good solution for whoever that was! Then the dnr can fine 'em after that! Thanks for keepin it clean, those of us who do, even when it isn't our trash we are picking up. Takes a man to pick up what a mouse leaves behind.

Someone should give local CO Rick Reller a call and let him know the skinny on this.Wright County Sheriff deputy Joel Mackereth might be one to call, as well.He is a recreation enforcement deputy.

This has not only been a problem on Buffalo but all kinds of lakes in Wright County that I've been to. BeeBee, Pelican, Indy...The people that are littering need a hefty fine to remind them that it is unnecessary and ridiculous. How hard is it to keep you trash in your house or use a plastic bag? Don't be a slob, it's not that hard. Without getting into a confrontation, lets all try and keep these "slobs" accountable if they are caught in the act

Do you guys consider sunflower seeds spit out garbage? I was always wondering that cause i see them laying around and i chew seeds when i fish everyone once in awhile?

They don't look nice but they are biodegradable so I don't care much about that. It is the pastic, bottles, and garbage and even cig buts that really gets me.

What really gets me is the 1lbs propane cylinders....errrr!!!

My reply to call those cops is because of the find of the oil filter, and refilled oil bottles.That is the stuff once it leaks into the water, that really hurts the lake.Not that the other garbage isn't aggravating enough by itself.

Its even worse right next to the access when it says no dumping people put all of there [PoorWordUsage] and garbage right there, thats so sad to see whats happening to our lakes.

I wish some people would just take responsibility and pick up after themselves. What is so hard about bring off the lake what you took on. I'd love to call the cops on someone for doing that but it'd never work.