Closing up the cabin tomorrow after a fantastic week-fishing was lights out. I can't thank those of you who post their ideas and experiences on here enough. I can honestly say, it has helped my fishing success tremendously!
All the best to all of you, and looking forward to next Spring already!
Cliff, the largest concentrations I've seen have been in Frazier. On sonar, they look like big clouds that seem to go on and on. We know they're spiny fleas because we bring them up on our gear when we fish through these big clouds. I'll try to capture and post a sonar screen shot of them sometime.
Man that is a tough situation I don't know what I would do. Maybe hold off on the mri and go like 6 weeks with strict rest and see how it goes. I would say too that I wouldn't hunt him at all this year regardless on if he seems to be better or not.
Just wanted to see if any of you have experienced this with your hunting dogs.
I have a 1 1/2 year old black lab who I’ve really been excited to hunt with this year but unfortunately that has been put on hold for the time being.
When the problem occurred. Of course while I was on the road for work my wife called and told me that she was playing catch in the back yard throwing the ball maybe 20ft at max and our dog slipped and kind of rolled over himself (from what she said). After that she noticed that he was limping a little bit nothing to bad, but he didn’t want to play catch anymore. When I got home we took him to the vet who provided us with an anti inflammatory. And told us to rest him (leash only for 4 weeks). This was perfect timing because we were getting him fixed so the rest would be easy. The anti inflammatory and rest seemed like it was working at the end of the 4 weeks, my wife and I were heading out of town and we left our dog with my parents who also have a 4 year old black lab. I told my dad to take it easy with our dog due to the circumstances. When we went to pick our dog up we noticed he was limping again and I asked my dad how much activity did our dog get, he said that took his dog and our on a walk through taller grass looking for pheasants for no longer then a half a mile. So here we go again back to the vet and this time having an orthopedic surgeon look at him. They took x rays and nothing appeared to be abnormal. He recommended again 4 weeks leash only with an RX for anti inflammatory. So here we are now. It has been at the end of the 4 weeks again he seemed to be doing a little better until we had to bring him again to my parents and he was off leash for a little bit playing around with my parents older lab. And as soon as we got him back he was limping for a few days. I have told my dad servral to take it easy with our he is trying to heal. But he is the type where, ” hes a dog he will be fine in a few days. So after consulting with the vet again, they are referring us to the U of M vet clinic where we will be meeting with an orthopedic again. I kept asking our vet is this something serious enough to be needing surgery…… she didn’t think so. The guess was soft tissue damage, ie torn muscle or strained muscle. How long do these things take to heal. Basically what it comes down to is that I dont want to take him to the U of M bay $250 to meet with an orthopedic and do an MRI which is $1500 just to have them say he needs to rest more.
If he has no activity for 3-4 days, the limp is barley noticeable.But anytime he is off the leash trotting around a little bit then he will limp the next day. When we work his shoulder it doesn’t seem to bother him or be an any type of pain. The first orthopedic said he got a little bit of a reaction on abduction rotation, but wasn’t to bad.
Sorry for the long story but I’m getting really frustrated with the amount of money spent with basically not getting any answers.It is killing me not knowing what’s going on. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.