Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyecaber

Report From 14th -17th out of wilderness warmth rentals

4 posts in this topic

Ok guys and gal's i wish i could have some better news for you but the bite was just not going for us.It wasnt because we didnt see fish because we seen some big eye's on camera but swim right up to your offering and when i say offering i mean about every rattle jig,every forage minnow,pimple ext,ext we tryed just wasnt working.Yes we had all the baits to ero,waxie,minnows even shrimp none of wich worked any better.The fish seem to be active early morning 6am-10am lots of big eye's swiming that we seem on cam then late 3:30pm-5:30 for us. One thing i never ever had happen to me is we never got one rattle reel go in 3 days a first for me on the pond.We did get a few keepers 3 eyes 16-19 4 perch 9-12. but man we had fun and thats whats its all about. I met Jay a very nice guy he is and yes he does have some nice houses to rent i would do it again from him anytime thanks Jay keep it up a class place you run.In closing i have to say there are fish out there to get them to bite is the challange to see them on cam is awesome but i think i would go else where to fish this ice year because the pond has millions and millions of small perch in it just dope a cam you'll see .Happy fishing to all and i hope come opener this all changes or you are in for a ruff summer up there. cool.gif

thanks for the update, sorry it didn't go better, but I think a lot of people are in the same boat this year, too many perch minnows!

No need to be sorry for me LoL just kidding but man its hard to see them big eyes swim up to your bait look at it for what seems forever then just swim away one after another makes for a tuff but yet fun day atleast you know you can jig them up.Im heading to LOTW in Feb. will be given pond another try on the way back from there.

Thanks for the report. Wish things could have gone better for you on your trip. At least you have a camera and were able to see those big eyes. That's got to count towards something, right?