Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AceintheHole

Cleary lake

5 posts in this topic

Has anybodt fished it this year. I was thinking about trying it out one of these day. I know the reclaimed the lake back in 02-03 and in 04 the stocked 800'000 and in 05 the put 1'200'000 walleye fry you would think it would be ready to go by now.

it sounds pretty fishy to me where is this cleary lake? or should i lake find it

that thing only gets nine feet deep probably only seven now i doubt theres any good walleyes in there

I fish Cleary when I was a bit younger. Back then the wallys were plentiful and the sunfish were nice sized. Then one spring I tried to fish the lake and noticed a rotting fish smell and saw all the birds flying around the lake. It was a winterkill and the birds were feeding on all the dead fish on the shore. That lake seems to get a winterkill almost every year. Yet, the dnr always stocks it. I haven't fished it lately, you live close to it, give it a whirl. I don't think there will be a city on it like on Prior. \:D

I fished it this past Summer. Caught a couple really small eyes, 5 to 6 inches long probably from recent trial or rearing stocking. But them green sunfish are every where! It made it almost impossible to fish for other game fish. No bass, few tiny eyes, very rare crappies but tons & tons of pesky green sunfish which was enough to make me leave. Great place to take the little ones though. The lake receives a decent amount of heavy fishing pressure too. Most of the lake seem pretty shallow and made it difficult in the Summer or Fall. This is probably why it fish kills almost every year. Shallow lake.