Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IFallsRon

No pinkslip for Bud

6 posts in this topic

Major League Baseball will continue to follow Bud Selig's leadership as it digs out from under the steroids scandal that happened on Selig's watch.

According to a highly placed MLB source, Selig will have his contract extended for three years at an owners meeting on Thursday. His contract had been set to expire in 2009 but now will extend through 2012.

well i hope that he can figure out a way to be able to get this under control. He does alot of great thigns for baseball, this is one that he has to work on a bit to make sure that players are clean with the sport. Baseball is losing alot of fans becuase of this, and i hope that he will take the time to find a way to get things handled.

Selig has been about as succesful in dealing with steroids as he has been with contracting a certain Minnesota franchise. There's just something about the guy that hits me the wrong way. Unless there are some miraculous changes in the next couple years, Selig's tenure will be one of the most embarasing in pro sports history.

Originally Posted By: Quickstrike
Selig has been about as succesful in dealing with steroids as he has been with contracting a certain Minnesota franchise. There's just something about the guy that hits me the wrong way. Unless there are some miraculous changes in the next couple years, Selig's tenure will be one of the most embarasing in pro sports history.

I totally agree with you. From ending the All-Star game a few years ago, not letting Pete Rose into the HOF after admitting to gambling (wasn't that the deal?) to all the money Pohlad loaned him. Another thing that always rubbed me the wrong way with Selig was the fact he owned a franchise while being in office- tremendous conflict of interest. One of his first orders of business was switching the Brewers to the NL, making the divisions uneven.

There is another thing in baseball that needs changing. Ever since he was put in office I've seen nothing done. ESPN says "All the coaches love him." How can you? He does nothing. Maybe thats why they like him. He doesn't investigate the roids and the owners are getting bigger guys. I don't know? Something needs to be done.

how do you really know that he dont do anything bud?