Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maros91

Report from the mud on Tue, Jan. 15

2 posts in this topic

My buddy and I went to Hunters Point and headed for the mud. We had a 4 wheeler and followed the staked road all the way out to the Boot. Hunters had a road plowed out there but it quickly flooded and was closed to vehicle traffic. We planned on fishing Center Bar. About 75yds past the last stake we hit a slush pocket and got the wheeler stuck. Unhooked the portables, got the wheeler unstuck, put the winch on the portables and pulled them out. The slush and water was over my boot and my feet were wet cry.gif. Hook everything back up and away we went, went across Greg's flat and about 75yds past that was another slush pocket. We could see this one so we turned around and fished the south side of Greg's flat from 2pm till 6pm. We marked fish dang near the entire time and didn't get one bite. My buddy who fished about 20 yds away had a camera and counted 30 walleyes in the 4 hour window. He also seen 2 eelpout. He said the fish would race up to your jig like they were going to smack it only to just stare for 10 seconds and swim away. I tried just about anything jigging from perch colored jig-n-rap to buck shots to swedish pimples to gem-n-eyes. On my deadstick had a red hook and a fathead and nothing on that. Of course we got stuck on the way back and repeated what happened on the way out. If you have a snowmobile use it. We tried to get around the 2nd slush pocket but it went forever. Be careful if you have a wheeler and you are going to the mud. I had 16" of ice where I was fishing.

We got stuck out by Hennipen Island on Sunday in a slush pocket. Just as we got to someones stakes for a road instant slush.