Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoggleEye

Any Lakes with Lake Trout?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are any lakes within an hour or so of the metro with stocked lake trout??

GoggleEye

Well it looks as if courthouse lake may be the only lake that possibly has any in it, however I called the fisheries manager and he said that they do not put any in there anymore because the past fish they put in there came from the state fair aquarium displays and they do not do that anymore due to disease spread possibility. The numbers they stocked in the past were so low anyways, you would be extremely lucky to tie into one of these few stocked adults from the fair. Looks like the next closest lake to have them is Grindstone lake in Pine county. Darn cry.gif

GoggleEye

Sam, I sent you an email.

you gotta head north to grindstone or to the bwca area for lakers

Yep the trout pond behind the carver county court house is the only one i know about. it would be in chaska

a buddy of mine pulled a laker out of courthouse last year it was pure luck

I'll actually be heading to grindstone next sunday...hopefully you'll be seeing a positive report in the east central thread in about 9 days. \:\)