• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thanks guys new to FM but I'm glad to see that people are there to help you out.

How is ice thickness on the lake? I'm going there on sunday, but I might only have access to the hand auger. I obviously want good ice to drive on, but not so thick that I might have to work my arse off to get some fish.

I may be going there Sunday myself and yes I only have a hand auger. You just can't move around to much. I'm think that I'm going to fish the bay in front of the barn. Good luck to you.

the ice as of trout opener was 14 inches, many cars out, caught 1 laker 80 fow 40 feet down, 3 rainbows 8 fow.

I'd say you are looking at about an hour and a half drive unless you cut cross country. You would exit 35 in Sandstone so use that as your judge.

Tunrevir~

I have tons of small crappie minnows and small sucker minnows. What are the rainbows hitting on? I'll probably be using the suckers and/or frozen cisco for the lakers down deep. Anything else besides trout being caught?

JB how did it go this weekend? I wasn't able to go but I will be there this Sat in the am

Had to postpone my trip there another week. Staying in hinckley the whole weekend though, so will hit grindstone on saturday and probably pokegama on the way home sunday.

JB did you make it there this weekend? We when out at 6:00am on Sat and missed 8 fish in the first half hour then missed a few more before we packed up at 10:00am with no fish. We were in about 18 fow and fishing 2' below the ice. I'm thinking this coming weekend I'm going to use waxies and I might hook a few of those misses.

Yeah, me and my dad were out on saturday...didn't make it out until about 1 in the afternoon. Fished right off the access in 6 to 52 ft. of water. Got 1 14 inch laker in 34 ft about 10 off the bottom. Couple small nibbles, but they could've been anything. I tried small suckers on a tip at various depths...small crappie minnows with swedish pimples and forage minnows. My dad caught the laker on a red forage minnow with waxies. The only other action was when a school of smelt or cisco moved through and lit up my vexilar.