Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan Berger

Someone on here had some deer plot food

9 posts in this topic

just looking for who had it for sale,,

Big Lake Bass

Just to clarify, its not me personally selling and gaining on the seed.

Its seed the West Metro MDHA chapter sells at a discount by using Hides for Habitat money that we raise.

You do need to be an MDHA member to take part in the discounted seed. Thats a new rule from above this spring. Previously it was open to anyone, but the top brass didnt want it that way any more.

We will be doing the program again this spring.

Sorry BLB - I should have clarified that!

DL

Absolutely not a problem Woody!

None whatsoever.

Hey BLB As long as we are talking about it. Is this something that your local chapter does or can my local chapter get involved in the same thing. Not that I mind driving up to visit, but I could just as well get it out my front door.

Thanks

DL

Each chapter has their own agenda each year as to where they want to spend their money.

It just happens that our chapter uses some of our money towards this food plot program.

I have not heard of any other chapters in the state that do this.

I'm secretary for the Wadena Chapter of M.D.H.A. and we have been giving away seed for food plots as long as I can remember. The number of bags varies from year to year, but usually it's somewhere between 100-300 bags of various types of seed corn or food plot seed, such as hi-racks. One of our board members owns and operates a regional seed corn company and he gives us awesome deals, but as was said earlier, it's for members only. For the cost of a membership, it's cheep seed.

We are selling the MDHA branded food plot seed as well as giving out some seed corn and other crop seeds in addition when we can get it.

We sold 4,110 lbs of the MDHA stuff last year. \:D