Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tednugefan

Centerville

10 posts in this topic

Just wondering how the ice is out on centerville, and where to fish for walters and northerns on that lake. thanks for the help

I was out there a couple weeks ago and there was a good foot of ice, there were plenty of cars out there.

We parked at Waterworks and walked out to the group of houses off to the left. There was a nice break there where is dropped from 5' out to about 16' and everyone was set up there.

We had 4 tips ups with suckers set at various depths, but got no flags. The guys next to us had tips ups out in 14-16' with smelt and got a 10lb northen and lost a bigger one at the hole.

Anyone who fishes @ centerville have any luck lately? Little info would be appreciated. Thnx in advance.

Any current reports?

any reports would be awsome

No fish in that lake.

went out there before the recent cold snap.. caught some sunnies and craps, craps in the 8-9 inch range, and most where caught on plastics. dont know about walleyes, ice was 14 inches were i was.

I'll be out there tomorrow and post back with a report.

jwhjr, if you check the board before you get out, check with JD - Josh fishes Centerville & she said they've had better luck in the little pond behind her house. She's home so I'm sure she'd let you wander back there!

Max - I got some advice from Josh over the weekend. We hit the lake from about 9:30 - 1:30 today and managed 5 crappies from 8-10" and a couple of small perch. 1 was caught on an Angel Eye spoon with a fathead, 3 on a small silver Swedish Pimple with a crappie minnow, and 1 on a orange ratso with a crappie minnow. We had no luck with wax worms or eurolarvae. There was a decent amount of activity on the lake with numerous vehicles driving around. There was 19" of ice in the spot we were, and the ice was making plenty of noise with all of the vehicle travel. My 10yr old daughter wanted to go ice fishing for her birthday, so it was a fun time to spend with her.