Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GottaGo

Ann Lake

5 posts in this topic

I was thinking about giving this lake near zimmerman a try sometime in the coming weeks. I know nothing about it except what I've seen on the DNR website. I'm always a little leary going on the ice of a lake I've never been to. Is there anything I should know about it's ice (areas to stay away from, etc) or is the ice normally pretty good? Also, is this lake even worth giving a try? Thanks

Smallie Huggin has some recent info on the lake that might be of interest.

I'll hunt him down.

It has been good for pike in the past allthough that was about 7 years ago when the last time I fished it. Tip up and a sucker in about 10ft on the south side worked for me.

I fish from sundown till midnight on little elk lake near zimmerman. earlyer in the season the fishing was really good limit of crappies and a couple eyes every night. The fishing has slowed down a bit now but still a good time.

Birch Lake, which is just across 15 from Ann had 16 inches yesterday and Ann usually has the same amount of ice.

A lot of Sunnies near the sunken island that you can see on the DNR lake map. You will have to sort through them but you can probably get a couple of meals. There have been some nights where the most traffic on the lake is after dark as it is a really clear lake.