• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I heard that they moved a fishing contest from the cities to up here on Pokegama. It is supposed to be a huge contest from what I hear. Does anybody know the details? When is it? How much are tickets? What is the name of it? All i heard was that it's on Pokegama Lake and is supposed to be a huge contest with alot of really big prizes. Somebody has to know some details.

The name of that contest is the Golden Rainbow. It is to my knowledge that this Contest has been canceled. I think the web site shows it is coming but they ran out of funds. This has been confirmed through the Chamber. There is a great contest coming to Pokegama Feb. 24th at the Laplante Road Landing. The contest is called The Bottom of the 9th and is hosted by the Grand Rapids Baseball Assoc. . I have been to this contest and it is awesome! One of the prizes the year is a one year lease of a new vehicle along with NUMEROUS prizes. Augers, flashers, fish houses, and many more. Also big cash prizes. Besides, the $ goes to youth baseball, a great cause.

Thats too bad that contest was cancelled. Sounded like a great event for the community to host. Is this Koenig the high school parking lot cop? It's gotta be. You are a fishing guide now? What an upgrade in career paths(no offense bmc)! I remember you from back when you first started there. So how is the fishing guide business? I've always been interested in doing something like that but it seems like a tough gig to get into. Anyways, good luck fishing and keep posting reports. This site has been pretty slow about getting fresh reports up.

GOOD LUCK FISHING

Yes this is he. The school thing has been a winter thing for about 9 years. I have been guiding for 17 years in the area and in the resort business for 20 seasons now. You are right about the contest being great for the community. It's definately too bad. The baseball programs contest is a great deal. If you have been to it, you already know about all of the prizes. Lots of fishing up north but not alot of action since the cold snap. A few of the small lakes have been producing some big gills but ya need a sled to get to them. But I guess with a name like Crappie King, you already knew that.

No offense taken, crappie king, I wish I could make that type of upgrade!!! I heard that contest from the Cities is a no go, but not sure why. The Bottom of the 9th tourney is a good time and for a good cause. It's nice to see them move it around the lake too!!! I'm planning on being there, work schedule permitting.

Brian