Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nice2Bout

Deep/Shallow?

3 posts in this topic

Heading up to the pond Friday afternoon buckn' wind with a wheel house. Have usaully fished in one depth previous years, but after reading reports, sounds like there is a shallow bite happening in the evenings also. My question is what areas are easier to pull a wheel house from the deeper water(30-35ft) to shallow water(12ft)? Are there any roads or trails to follow in shallow? Any info on the bite this week would be great too. Thanks!

If you go off Wheelers Point, thats Adrians Road. Stop at Adrians and get a road pass & minnows. They have a road plowed and its very good. I would go out to about 34 ft. and if you have a portable go in to about 16ft. around 3pm. The bite out deep is more of a all day bite.In shallow you only have a windo of a few hrs. Good luck, Im going up Thursday for the weekend myself.

Off of Morris Point's road shallow travel is tough. The shallowest we fished was about 20'. The 12' water was full of rough ice and deep snow. We ran across a few guys stuck in the rough ice. There was a shallow bite in that 20' range. Travel out deeper was easy. The snow is crusted over and can be tough with a wheeled house.

My guess is it is the same off Pine Island.