• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

metro area day house rentals?

I took my daughter to Waconia last year, and she had an absolute blast catching stunted pannies out of a rental house. However, the drive from Coon Rapids to Waconia it just too long for me. Are there any other places, preferably closer to the NW metro, where I can rent a house for a day? She's still too young (in my opinion) to go out in the portable yet (she's only 5), but has been begging me to take her out again.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I think Waconia is probably your only choice unfortunately. I think the guys who used to run "Pike Dreams" at the old Minnetonka Outdoors had daily rentals. But I haven't heard much about them since the place closed down.

If I were you, I'd look at a little farther drive for a 12-hour during the week rental at the big pond ol' Mille Lacs. It's been slow there for me this year but you could still tie into a jumbo or two.

The South shore of Mille Lacs is probably a quicker trip for you than Waconia.. There may not be as much action though. No sunnies..

I was just on craigslist and a guy is renting a shack on buffalo lake. here is his contact info...Chris 763-300-4587

I can rent you mine on Centerville lake.

I will take a case of bottled beer for the rent or $20.00.(Don't worry I'm 46 yrs old)

If you want me to supply the propane and heater(All you need is a sunflower to heat it) it would be an additional $10.00 for the cost of the propane. Or you can buy the propane yourself.

It's 8ft by 10ft. Ventilated, 6 holes.

Sunfish and crappie spot. Occasional northern.

PM me if interested.