Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tip_upclyma

Theodore Wirth Lake????

4 posts in this topic

Hey does anyone know about that little lake at HWY 55 and Theodore Wirth Parkway??? In the spring and summer I see people on the fishing dock every night. Does this pond have anything worth fishing???

I am not sure but I drive by it everday to and from work and there have been a few people out ice fishing. I watched a couple guys the other afternoon and they pulled up a few gills and perch, not huge

It is right down the street from me. I actually went out last summer to that dock and tossed a jighead and a twister tail along the weedline and pulled out a 16" walleye. I then went to the DNR website and saw that it is a "Kids Fishing Lake"? So I just stayed away. CAN I FISH THERE WITHOUT A KID WITH ME?

Originally Posted By: tip_upclyma
It is right down the street from me. I actually went out last summer to that dock and tossed a jighead and a twister tail along the weedline and pulled out a 16" walleye. I then went to the DNR website and saw that it is a "Kids Fishing Lake"? So I just stayed away. CAN I FISH THERE WITHOUT A KID WITH ME?

Yeah, it just means that the DNR regularly stocks it with panifish for the little kiddies. It does not mean that you can't fish there if you don't have a kid or are not a kid. grin.gif