Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RiverBend Report 10-14jan

1 post in this topic

Group of 5 guys came up from chicago and missouri. My missouri friends and I had a 17 hour total drive to get up to the low. Well all I can say was it was well worth it! We stayed out of RiverBend resort and what a great resort good people great place. Are group got to drive out to are 2 day houses fri sat sun with the big fish comming on Sat a 24 incher we came close to limits on all days with a lot of 15-16 inch sauger mixed in with some nice 16 inch eyes all caught in 30 foot water. Sun they put us out deeper didnt see any houses past us caught a nice 19 inch eye followed by a lot of suspended eyes 12-15 inchers through out the day. All the guys came close to there limits a lot of saugers big 16-17 inchers. Most fish came off the bottom with a neon red hook, saturdays big fish was caught on plain red hook most of them with bobbers, gold rocker jig worked good for the dead stick. All the suspened eyes where caught on gold angel eye are perch rattln varmits, shinners on the jigs chubs on the bobbers and plain hooks. We guess we had about 60 total fish including the throw backs for the 3 days. We where told at times fishing was slow and we where doing the best, we couldnt figure out if they tell that to everybody. Not bad though for 5 newbies to low. You guys have a great lake and we look forward to comming back!