Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duffer

Union & Maple Lake????

6 posts in this topic

Any one been out lately? i am thinking about heading out this weekend to maple or union. anyone been having any luck lately and if anyone could report on ice conditions it would be greatly appreciated. I have never driven on either lake and was wondering if there is any springs or areas of the lake that one should be aware of when driving out if conditions permit.

I have done ok on the west side in 12 ft. and at 30 ft. for eyes on union I wouldnt recomend driving a pickup on union but snowmobile or wheeler would be fine. Maple they have been picking up crappies you can drive on maple. good luck to you im heading up north

Does the ice freeze uniformly on Union? We have been taking full-size trucks on the west end as we've found about 14 inches of good ice. Just wondering if a guy could take a truck further east?

There are still a ton of "hidden" slush pockets on Union. If you take a sled or wheeler accross you should be fine and you can see where people (myself included) have taken a 12-14 inch plunge in to the slush.

Does anyone try out in front of breezy point resort anymore? Is anyone driving out to that area? Thanks

I know of a few people who have had limited success in front of breezy this year. They have had to sit for most of the afternoon to catch their fish.Walleyes, crappies, sunfish, and perch were what they were mainly catching. As far as I know they are driving out there. Im not sure where they are driving on at though.