• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mapcard

IndyEFI500

Question

Has anyone else used the web service mapcard dot com for their lake info? I had used it a few years ago and wanted to compare it to the Lake Master software since my GPS is not compatible with the lake chips. Thanks for any info.

2 answers to this question

The aerial photos would be handy for finding points and breaks, standing vegetation and other structure cues. However, I don't think the usgs topomaps they offer are going to be much value for finding depths and underwater contours of lakes, most of it would be pretty dated compared to the 1ft contours offered by Lakemaster or Navionics.

LB

I emailed them and they don't offer the lake maps like they used to. They did offer that if you buy the more expensive packages, they would throw in the lake maps for free. Too bad, I liked it when I had it.