• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How has this lake been producing? Im returing to Duluth soon and was wondering how this lake is in mid winter on into late winter? walleye still catchable i hope?

There has not been much talk about this lake this year. Last year the word got out and it was POUNDED HARD. I will tell you that friends of mine have did ok the few times they went out. Problem this year was all the slush on the lakes. Its starting to ferm up a bit now.

Last fews times I have been there is was DEAD...At least on Fish lake I was getting some action.

Has anyone been driving on Boulder yet? Without a sled or wheeler, the usual fishing holes are way to far to walk to. By the way, if anyone knows of a good used wheeler let me know. Thanks, FMers.

PikePatroller,

Your time would be spend better on any lake you choose. You're just one set of holes away from your new found honey hole. I don't make a habbit to fish Boulder just because of it's distance out. If you know the lake and are willing to go looking. You never know what you might find.

Better time spent on Fish lake? Possible but with that comes larger groups of people and all that has to offer.

Good luck on your choice of lakes. What ever you do stay warm!!!

Thanks for the posts. BD110 i agree. Just trying to narrow down the options around duluth. thanks again

Some friends and I found the elephants graveyard of crappies on boulder. They were big, dumb, and biting! Toss in a couple of suicidal walleyes in the 15-16 inch range and a handful of jumbo perch, and one crazy bonafide 10 inch gill, and we had the makings of a great trip. We were someplace in the west basin in 14-15 fow, and all of our fish came on small buckshot rattles (in gold/orange) tipped with nothing but a minnow head. This worked much better than a whole minnow. The cold snap was great for keeping all the other undesirable competition off of the ice! On all other details I have been pledged to silence under pain of death. Good Luck!!

how was the ice out there? i'm figuring we must be fine to drive out there by now, with the cold snap and all

i don't remember the name of the resort i paid to launch my boat through last summer. does anyone know if the road is plowed out to this one and only resort?? i would guess this would bring you closer to "the honey holes", instead of the public access.

can you access there??

Is anyone driving out onto Boulder? With the cold weather it would seem that slush should have frozen over and the ice should be thick enough. I don't want to be the first, so would appreciate knowing if trucks have been out yet. Thanks!

troyslund,

My guess is the Silver Fox for the resort you're talking about. I thought I was told one time that they don't offer access during the hard water season. I may be wrong about the access but I'm sure someone on the site will know the answer.

They only allow foot, atv, and snowmobile. As far as I know no driving out from sliver fox. Probally have to use public access.

troyslund-

i would also guess you're talking about silver fox resort. i launched out from it a few times earlier this winter, for a small fee, so i would guess it was still open.