Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muskiehunter369

can you ice fish on silver lake?

20 posts in this topic

has anyone tryed to ice fish on silver lake?

I've heard of people ice fishing the East bays near the stone arch bridges.

any size or numbers?

no clue

I watched a guy tipup fish where the creek that runs behind silver lake pool meets the zumbro. He had one in the mouth of the channel and one along the bank. He had two northerns on the ice. The one looked nice sized. Watch the ice over there. He said it gets real unstable fast.

Tipup- Was that this year??? I personally love to fight the toothy ones!

No it was two three years ago. But I caught 3 northerns last spring on the creek that runs behind silver lake pool. They will swim up that stream in the spring at first ice out. I interned one year with the park and rec. I worked around Silver lake alot. So I picked up a few hot spots. Plus in front of the fire hall is really good. If you want to catch some huge white crappies east side of the walking bridge by the fire hall. cast out to the first support beam, there was some brush around it. Me and my buddy hit that four five times when fishing was slow. We caught alot of 10inchers. I was told of all sorts of holes. Plus what i,ve seen caught out of that lake. I seen a kid catch a 16 inch and 12 inch waleye below the dam. Seen guys catch catfish down there also. Theres is tons of fish around there it is a fun place to fish.

I have fished quite a bit below the dam and have done some carp fishing above the dam in the lake. But have never targeted the pike out there.

hey tipup101 are you talking about silver creek that runs by 7th St NE?

Yup sounds right you got to hit that creek at ice out the northern are all over in there. But they are not agressive at all you have to hit them in the nose to get them to bite. Seems weird catching northerns there but heck I've caught northerns out by Hayfeild, Simpson, and Rock Dell. So why not there.

i fish out of there all the time but wont eat anything out of there yuck

Originally Posted By: edgeucator
i fish out of there all the time but wont eat anything out of there yuck

I second that!!!!

if u r gonna eat this is probably the time of year 2 try it

ike

Yeah, all the frozen sewage will float downstream before it can settle in the lake!!

Be fair the sewage plant is after Silver Lake!

On a side note. How about them Packers.

CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby, I was soooooo glad to see that they lost! And on an interception by god himself too yet!!

I broke my voicebox yelling for joy when the Giants finally made that last field goal. I'll be hoarse tomorrow!

Let's hope little Bertie Favre retires and his last-ever play from scrimmage was the interception that cost them a Super Bowl berth.

Now we have to listen to months of him toying with people over whether he'll retire or not.

As to the thread topic, I thought the sewage plant was up by 37th St NW. Is there another one closer to Silver Lake that I'm not aware of??

I was just joking around guys! Of course, there is plenty of goose seweage in there!

i've caught fish there for fun, but have never kept anything i've ever caught in roch. the geese scare me off from that.

does anyone eat their catch there?

Well I would have figured the sewage statement to be true if you where talking about lake zumbro plenty of sewage has flowed threw that channel.