Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lrrpinman

Swan Lake

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever tried Swan Lake? Any reports?

The opera by Tchaikovsky is stunning, but I don't think he ice fished. Maybe we could come up with an ice fishing opera. The title could be "My Frozen Heart".

Now that was funny.

"The Barber of Richville" perhaps?

If your talkn bout the Swan lake near the Hwy 59 south and I-94 area, good luck. This lake i quit fishing along time ago, Years ago i caught some nice fish, but i quit fishing it over 8 years ago and havnt went back, let me know if you go. Kinda sounds like nothings changed. Good luck, the Perch

Yep, thats the one. Why did you quit fishing there? Did it get fished hard or is it just not a great lake? My girlfriends parents have a cabin on the lake so I figured I'd give it a try.

Fishing wasnt ever real great out there, you can get some baitfish but game fish are hard to find. I was down in Fergus the last couple of days and tried some different lakes. I didnt get time to get over there to take a look to see if an houses were up, but to be honest, I havnt heard anything real good about it in some time. the Perch

Irrpinman, you ever make it out to Swan or have you heard any new information, any houses out there? the Perch

I haven't yet. I'm hoping to go this weekend. The kids schedule lightened up so now I might get a little extra fishing time.

Very nice, let me know how you do. I use to have a cabin out there back when I was going to HS in FF back in the early 90's. We were near the public access. I'd like to get back there sometime, if there's fish of course. the Perch

My girlfriend and her family all have cabins up there. It sure is a nice lake. Hope there are some fish in it.