Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Minnow-man tell us about your trip?

3 posts in this topic

Minnow-Man --

Tell us about your trip?

Never fished there -- how was it? Any pics?

Had a great time, it was a long drive but caught greenbacks. great weather, and great company. I'll be back!

That all you got? Tell us more, my Brother.

Any pics?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• ZachD
      Go to the fields off hwy 10 where diamonds used to be and where the boat launch is in Ramsey. I plant feathers and stuff there sometimes there is a variety of tall grass around there.   the best pre buy program I have found is at golden meadows. if you put money on an account before aug 26 the prices are  depending on when you go Aug. 20 - Sept. 4
      Sept. 5 - Oct. 2
      Oct. 3 - Nov. 6
      Nov. 7 - Dec. 4
      Dec. 5 - Jan. 1, 2017 COST PER BIRD

$16.50
      $17.50
      $18.50
      $19.50
      $20.50    
    • biff
      Hmmm...getting a prosthetic foot and attaching hooks now
    • fishingtime13
      Im wanting to go and fish the missisippi river by my place, there is a little inlet with some down trees, a drop off  and a little bridge that goes over the inlet. Its off of east river road at the end of 79th.  I believe its called riverview heights park. My questions is, has anyone gone fishing there? I see people there quite often and have chatted with them a little bit, but haven't gotten much out of them. It looks promising for some largemouth and catfish. if you have fished there what works good? and are they biting now? I will be there at about 5 am tomorrow morning.
    • monstermoose78
      This rain is keeping the rum muddy.
    • redlabguy
      Nuts, I had to leave Fraser on Monday for some business and a trip, but I think your MO is the right one. However, there are a lot of small (10-12") fish on the reef tops as of Sunday. You might try deeper water just off the tops. I'm not a fan of bobber fishing (like to feel the bite) but it's been a consistent winning method. Dick
    • monstermoose78
      He is huge 
    • fisherjmb
      Thanks for the info guys. We did end up going and launching at Beanies. Ten bucks to launch. Not too bad. There is a for sale by owner sign posted there but it's obviously private for now. As for the fishing, it was slow. Pulled the plug at noon and headed for the Mississippi. Did much better there.
    • JB18
      i wanted a yellow lab and got over ruled on the chocolate.  Great looking dog!  Does not look 115 pounds
    • JB18
          Thanks!  She is only 40 pounds at 9 months old.  Don't think she will get much bigger. I was hoping to talk with some people at the game farm next month to see if i can get a great price on a pre-buy program.    I have some pheasant feathers and she goes crazy when she see me grab them.  I need to find a field that the grass is not chest high to plant them or better yet get some game birds and tie the feet off and plant those.    If you drive by Round Lake and see a red Tundra stop in and say hello. I am there most nights when it gets this hot.        
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      Awese thread! I take our golden/lab mix to Round Lake for training also. This pic is from May when it was chilly. We're having an absolute blast working together. She's a sweet dog, will do anything to please me if she understands. Only thing I have to do before the season is somehow introduce her to gunshots and that's not easy without private land. Watching her barrel through the cattails to find that dummy is awesome.