Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinator

barometric pressure

2 posts in this topic

Can the pressure indicate what depth the fish will be in? For example, the barometer read 29.8 and the walleye bit in 16.5 fow. Next day the barometer read 29.4 and the fish bit in 27 fow.Is there a connection or am traveling on a dead end street?

If it were that easy we would have figured it out by now.

Several things come into play that affect fish, not just

barometer. Not all the fish do the same thing at the same time.

The one thing that I have found that works quite often, but

not always, is to pay attention to whats going on, keep your

eyes glued to your electronics and fish the individual fish

where ever they appear in the water column. Playing cards

and going on walk-a-bouts decrease the number of fish you will

catch. (however, many many limits are caught using this method).

Like Charlie Kasberger says at River Bend Resort says when you

ask him where the fish are biting, he says "in the lake, keep

your bait wet and you will catch em".

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cliff Wagenbach
      Try Shamrock Marina or Gruben's Marina. Both are fairly close to the Trout Lake Portage. Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      My Lab had ACL surgery about 4 years ago on one back leg. 6 months later had to do the other leg! She has not been the same since! Very stiff in both back legs and basically unable to hunt since the surgery. I would ask your vet about the chances of your dog having the same results and also about the chance of it needing an operation on the other leg soon after! My vet told me that the chances of the other legs ACL tearing would be very high after doing one leg. Cliff
    • Wheres_Walter
      As long as we're talking about trout lake, can someone suggest a boat rental location for a summer trip into TL?  Would need 3 fishing boats for a 4 day trip in early june.  Thanks.   Matt
    • sweeper33
      I have not fished there, but I drive by it everyday and they have been pulling fish-houses with pickups for at least a couple week now off the East end anyways.  Like I said I haven't been out there personally, so I don't know how much ice there is, but on 2 other area lakes I had 16-17" last weekend.
    • sweeper33
      Well, I went out Friday afternoon/evening from the beach access in Glenwood.  I measured 17" of ice.  Fishing was not good.  Never even marked a fish.  Hope others had good luck, there is a ton of houses out again this year.  Someone ought to be catching them!