• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Winning Fish and What Lure?

The 18th annual Brainerd Jaycees ice fishing extravaganza is only 11 days away, I feel the excitement starting to build aleady. What are some predictions on what the biggest fish of the day (January 26th noon-three)? And what will it be caught on? My guess is that it will be a pout this year, a 6 pounder. I think it will be caught on a golden shiner and tip-up. I am thinking that we will run a contest at our store and if anyone hits the exact weight and species of the winning fish, we will offer up a nice prize package. Lets here what you think and if you want to register your guess, email me.

Have a good Tuesday,

Walleyedan

My prediction is that the winning fish will be a 6lb 9oz walleye on a rainbow chub on a set line in 50 + ft of water ( because that is where I will be fishing, it will be caught by the guy two holes away). good luck to all at the extravaganza.

I know a 29" walleye that was just released from the tournament site two nights ago. It's still swimming and should be hungry by the 26th. My guess ... 8lbs 11oz. By the way, it hit on a set line with shiner on a white glow hook in 33 feet of water.

3lb 6oz Northern Pike

On fathead in 14 FOW

I have a feeling that with the cold setting in the bite will not be "on" and the winner will be small, relatively speaking.

No no no guys u got it all wrong, its gona be 4# 8oz pike caught on a red hook with a fathead in 18 fow- :S

The only "catch" to this is that you have to fish it to qualify. If you are not fishing feel free to guess, but let us know if you aren't fishing the contest when you post your guess.

Walleyedan

A 4 and a half pound 'pout on my rod with a glowjig with a dead fathead.Except Walleyedan, I do not know what color as of yet but it will be a eelpout this year.

I won't say on the worldwide web what color, but it will be one of the Glo Creep Worms by Northland Tackle. You have mail.

Walleyedan

If the cold weather pushes fish into tight lip mode I say tulibee at 2.4 pounds.

Last year 5 of top 10 and 9 or top 15 fish were all tulibee.

Looks like a lot of 2 pound tulibee swimming around in that lake. Tulibee is the money fish.

will not be there.

I will say that a 5lb 9oz walleye will win caught on a rainbow minnow dangling on a red hook below a bobber.

My wife and I will be fishing the event.

everyone know that I will win by catching a carp in 30-40 feet of water. Using a hot dog and corn on a jigging spoon. While eating a peanut butter and kippers samwitch.

if i don't ketch any thing maybe i could register one of my herrings.

Shhhhh! Don't let the word get out about hot dogs and corn. Those are two items we don't sell. ;)Good luck out there.

Jason Erlandson

Keep it rolling guys. I will print out this sheet along with the emails I am getting and if someone is right on we will set you up with a nice prize package.

Walleyedan

4lb 3oz Walleye on a tip up with a glow pink hook and golden shiner just because that is what my 5 year old daughter told me to use.

She is probably right! Thankfully the contest isn't today, wow is it brutal out there (20 below)!

Walleyedan

No kiddin Dan, the lab took one step out on the deck and turned right back around, guess he decided he didn't have to go after all.

A more serious guess would be some one winning with a big tullibee 3-5 lbs.

I think a big school will come flying through and that anyone fishing up high in the water column with flashy jigs will catch them.

3lb 1oz eelpout in 28fow on a jigging spoon with a minnow head. I will manage to be 20 feet from that person and caught to fish that dont place.

Have fun out there and good luck to every one.

Its gonna be a 2 pound 12 oz tulibee probably caught by me on a gentz jig with a minnow. Ill post some pics of me and my new truck sunday night guys ;\)

I just hope that the winner is not cheat, you have to pass the polygraph, and the eyes of 10,000 people.

That would be stupid to try and cheat you have to pass the polygraph, and you would have to escape 10000 people who probably want to beat the [PoorWordUsage] out of you also

A few years ago we did catch a group that was cheating. So it has happened. After a little research we figured out they had cheated here as well as at the Forest Lake contest. I know that it ended up going to the feds so I'm guessing the outcome wasn't pretty. Whenever there are contests with big prizes someone will always try. It is an unfortunate reality.

Jason Erlandson