Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Clear Lakes in West Metro

7 posts in this topic

Just curios if anyone has any hints as to some clear lakes here in the west metro. I went and drilled a few holes today on a few lakes that are close to my house, and i dont think that there going to work. So i have to look for other lakes.

Just wanted to see if anyone can help out. If you would like to email, thats ok as well.

You ever try Little Long Lake up NW abit of Lake Minnetonka? I bet the DNR would be happy if you removed some of those trout eating pike. The lake is gin clear and I hear there are some big pike in there...

i have to find out where that baby is

Its just NE of Whaletail. I'd check the regs and make sure that spearing is allowed in there.

Spearing is allowed I am pretty sure as I have seen many spear houses out there.

I would head west, I used to spear winsted a lot, but my kids now 9 & 12 love to fish so its been a couple of years since I've been out, very nice fish, avg of about 7 lbs. drop me a line if your headed that way and I can try to help in a location.

i was in the bay at waconia about 8' and could see the bottom about 2 weeks ago.