Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tipup101

Retaining Ponds

3 posts in this topic

I had a guy tell me he was fishing the retaining pond behind Tractor Supplies. He parked in the TSC parking lot and fished that pond. He caught sunnies and crappies all day went threw 100 waxies and a scoop of crappie minnows in a hour and a half. Fished with plastic the rest of the day. Have you guys ever heard if there is fish in there or not. I got the feeling he's blowing smoke up my ___! Was going to check just haven't had time.

I have heard that there are fish in there, and wouldn't doubt it. I have several of these retention pond within walking distance from my house and I have caught decent gills, up to 14" largemouth and bullheads for flathead bait in mine. Be aware, I have heard that the one in question is surrounded by private land and access is sketchy at best.

That particular pond is private. There are many similar ponds within Rochester city limits that are public, but this particular one you mention would require permission to access.