Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

Lake George

4 posts in this topic

So my girlfriend said she saw an ice house out on lake george the other night but i thought you couldnt ice fish out there because of some city thing against drilling holes?? Has that changed or did anyone see that person out fishing???? I think she might have been seeing things but i never walked out there to look for holes to see if it was true or not.

i heard it was closed to winter fishing.

I don't think there would be a lot of time to get some fishing in before a St. Cloud police officer would kindly kick you off.

as per St. Cloud Ordinances....

Subd. 2. Fishing.

(a) General Prohibition. Fish in any waters, whether by the use of hook and

line, net, trap or other device, except in waters designated for that use.

(B) Ice Fishing. Fish through the ice on any part of Lake George. No fish

house will be placed on Lake George nor will any person drill or chop holes

in its ice.

Hope this helps.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• ANYFISH2
      Our day is done as well, daughter is bushed and wants sleep, the boy doesnt want to go out this evening.   Now to wait till Wednesday,  I will start my own hunt then, with work and family i may only get 3 full days.  Hopefully i can make something happen.   Good luck everyone!
    • Bear 55
      A buddy and I fished fri. 4-14 had some ice issues once it hit shore and the wave action it was gone pretty quick. We fished about 5.5 hrs  5-fish 39-36-34- and 2 mid 20s. I went back mon. and tues. slow at first between 1-5 7 fish but the biggest was 32in the people out were getting fish also, tues got one right away 36 then it got dead the other people out did not catch any thing either may be the weather, it was pretty brutal and didn't stay to long. Proably wont get to Lowts for awhile now and always enjoy going their. Stay Safe Good Luck Bear55
    • smurfy
      has anyone fished that clear lake north of Richmond lately?   or for that matter the clear lake down by Watkins>??? its been YEARS since I have been on them. just wondering how they are nowadays!!!!! 
    • delcecchi
        I believe he said "tackle industries"    
    • bassbouncer
      I'm pretty sure the old owner Jack still owns the property and leases to the landing. I live close and with an inclusive business plan I think it would do fantastic. When jack ran it the place was packed. The owner of wolf bay lodge told me his business tripled since the landing changed hands. There is plenty of demand for a fun place to go that treats everyone the same whether they are rich or not, local or tourist. I've owned a few businesses in this area and there aren't enough extra customers that you can afford to get rid of anyone. Why anyone would want to is beyond me.