Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tipup101

Steele or Fish lake?

14 posts in this topic

Wanted to give theese lakes a whirl. What are they like. Hows the fishing, what should I expect. Thanks guys.

I fished these lakes about 2weeks ago for sunnies caught a lot of little ones about 3-4 inches long on steele then i tried fish lake caught nice sunnies but very few but i was only there for about an hour

Just like you said about Fish you don't catch very many sunnies but they are usually nice if you do and you can get an occasional crappie in the mix to. You can usually always catch a few pike here too.

How clear was Fish?

Haven't been there lately but I would consider it one of the clearest if not the clearest lake in the area.

Mankato State used to hold scuba classes out there because its so clear, not sure if they still do.

No, MSU doesn't anymore, they have a different instructor now and he encourages warm water diving only.

The dive club dove Fish last spring and it was the best vis we found in southern mn. But then again, vis was so good last year we dove Washington for the first time in 15 years.... Francis was very good too.

thanks everyone for all those anchors....

You ever sell any of them anchors we lost???

I fished outside in 14 foot and less and i could see the bottom

That is such a cool lake.

I'm thinking a hot summer day in August with big cranks behind boards might be in order.

T.O. This lake has a 20 hp engine restriction you will have to tag with a fellow FMer with a smaller boat or use a lot of battery power for the trolling motors

That's a drag. I didn't know that.

Thanks for the information.

On the anchors, I am running low but send me a private message and I will forward it onto a friend in Mankato who made the big haul last year.

On the 20 hp restriction, that is the restriction but it seams to be treated like the no outboards on Kolmeyer, keep it raised and nobody cares. Start it up and watch out. You decide on how much risk your willing to take.

We used to fish Fish a lot long ago...my dad was "trying" to learn how to cast a baitcaster and he was using a daredevil. It got tangled around the end of his rod and he didn't notice....tried to cast and pole and all went over board!!! LMAO

It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. We remind him of it to this day.