• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Open Seat!!!!

bassNspear

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Ralph Wiggum

• BMAT43

• harvey lee

Yes RW,again..........

Just about had to be carted off the lake yesterday at the Metro FM event at Medicine Lake, a bit of irony in the lake name???

Hope you guys had a good time, I'm bummed to say the least.....

Chris

well i just got home from the lake.

As a result, I seen 7 total fish, where i could have speared 2 forsure. I had about a 9lber come in right away 1000 miles in hour and hit my live decoy, as soon as i was going to throw the spear, the fish took off so i never got a chance to throw at it. Nice fish.

Stify had 2 when i left. Ralph speared his first fish ever, which he can tell you the story on that. crazy.gif

Huey saw a few as well, which im sure he will say something about it.

Bmat, not sure what he had going, never got to talk to him before he left.

All in all, it was a awesome day. Nice to meet some new people from the site, and be able to put faces on there names.

I cant wait till the Get to Gator. Chris, you better be able to go or else sick.gif

Thanks Jason for getting this together and to Stiff for letting me tag along with him. Stiff and I saw 11 or 12 fish. I was 1 for 4 on fish that I threw at \:\( , but it was fun anyways. It's awesome to be able to see a pike come in, stare your sucker minnow in the face, and then watch it attack. I'm sure I'll give it a go again!

your welcome bud. I hope that you learned a thing or two with you were with stiff. Most of all, i hope you had fun

Does that mean we can offically add some new spearers to our ranks!

Good Luck!

Ken

Originally Posted By: LABS4ME
Does that mean we can offically add some new spearers to our ranks!

LOL, I have some upcoming financial obligations that will keep me from getting into it too hardcore, but I did enjoy it and hope to do it again.

Thanks guys for good day. It was nice to meet everyone and great to have a chance to ask questions and see how things are done. Bass-n-Spear you definitely have a sweet set up.

I had my chances. I saw 2 spearable pike and a dogfish. The first pike came in about 2 seconds into the day. It took off just as I got my spear. One of things that I learned today is that you want to be ready before you drop the decoy down. I threw at the 2nd pike and the dogfish but didn't connect. Not sure what I would have done with the dogfish if I did get it.

Ralph - Congrats on your first fish! BnS and Stif - Thanks for taking the time to help a rookie.

Huey

Congrats Ralph....

Thanks for the Invite BNS...

I saw 2 fish... was able to throw at 1 but picked the wrong angle.... did have some real excitement when a mshrat tried on 2 seperate occasions to swim up my hole and keep me company in my house....

huey, anytime bud. thats what its all about. If you want anymore help, you have to let me know.Im glad taht you had a good time and learned a few things.

My Setup is something that im sure some people do, but i have had such great luck with it, that its hard for me to get away from it. I know that stiff might be working his way to getting a rig like mine.

mat43. I hate that when that happens. If i see one of them and he tryes to get up my hole, there isnt much you can do.