Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JConrad

Gull Lake fish house break in

12 posts in this topic

Someone tried to break into my fish house either late last night or early this morning.

All who have fish houses on Gull be aware that we now have a problem on the lake.

I am located on the southern 1/3 of the lake not too far from Squaw Point.

This is the first time that I have had a problem with this in years... Car and/or truck tracks up to my house so it was not someone on a snowmobile or wheeler.

Sorry to have to report something negative!!!

Sorry to hear that Joel. We will spread the word. Hopefully it wasn't too bad.

Jason Erlandson

That really sucks. I only have a portable so I dont have that problem. I always think it would be nice to have a good wheeled shack until I hear something like this. If I did have a shack on the ice I think the best thing to do would be take everything with you and leave the house unlocked. It would be nice to leave everything so it is ready for you the next time but its not worth the risk. Same problem, different year/lake.

No Jason it could have been a lot worse... I had a fish house on Minnetonka totally trashed quite a few year ago when I lived down there...

I am not leaving much in the house when I leave at night. I learned that the hard way on Minnetonka!

I wonder if someone makes an alarm system for a fish house?

Pretty sad when you live in this wonderful area and you have to worry about stuff like this...

Guys, thanks for the concern!!!

JC, I've been thinking about an arlarm system. If you know how to work it, you could have a magnet strip on the door and when the magnets are seperated, it sends a signal to a cell phone and calls yours.

It sounded like a good idea when I told it to myself but I can see problems with it already.

We were out on the lake off of the White House Bar on Friday - Sunday. On Saturday we heard an alarm go off most of the morning. Later that morning one of the owners of a fish house came over and said he was broken into Friday evening or Saturday morning. Also we noticed a fish house next to it with it's door opened so we went and closed it. It looked like the house was ransacked.

Any problems with the houses just north of Earnies. Mine is there and I am in Chicago and can't check it until this weekend.

Pegleg is on his way up there to pull his house off the lake. We were in that area this weekend. What does your house look like i ll see if he can take a look while hes on the lake for you.

JConrad, thanks for the heads up on the break ins... as soon as I saw your note I took off for Gull to pull my house home. Randallt, I drove from Ernies along the shoreline down to the White House Bar. I didn't see any breakins but I didn't drive totally around every house.

Thanks again JConrad... I hope there wasn't much damage to your house.

Thanks for the info guys. I don't know where white house bar is. My house is along the shore toward Bow Tie Flat, but not quite to it.

I have a friend in Baxter that is on his way to take a look and is going to fish it the next couple of nights. He obviously has a heads up to look for unusual behavior.

Where is White House Bar?

White House Bar is north of Ernies but south of the boe tie bar on the east side of Gull. It is shore line structure that goes out into the lake with 2 little bars further into the lake. There were about 5 houses along the white house bar this morning and now it is down to about 4 houses.

I better get out there tonite. Anyone hear of any break ins on the north end of the lake? Man would I like to pull up to a stranger in my fish house!!!