Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wellesy

Long Point

10 posts in this topic

We'll be heading up to Long Point Friday night for the weekend. Any reports of fishing activity that way?

My wife and I were at Long Point Friday and Saturday, good fishing on Friday, slowed down on Saturday but bigger fish, talked to several people there and all seemed to have the same as us

Two of us were up there last Wed. and Friday, we filled out with walleye Wed. in a few hours, Friday was a little slower, but OK. We fished about in 26 fow. Not many sauger.

Hello everyone out on the sheet. I'm looking for a report over by wheelers point! Five friends of mine and myself are heading up to a couple of sleepers on thursday-sunday. We are bringing portables also in case we don't catch them in the houses. Any info you can give is appreciated, have great fishing !

I was fishing the Long Point area Thursday-Sunday and I had the best bite in around 30ft. We didn't catch alot of walleyes but the saugers and perch were sure cooperative. Each day we fished it appeared they wanted something different. One day the chubby darter and a sutton spoon were hot and the next day they wouldn't touch those lures. Overall for us, the nucleus jig proved to be best.

Jason

http://www.hardwateradventures.com

hardwater@wiktel.com

Thanks for the reports guys! grin.gif We'll be in the Long Point houses and won't have room for the portables so there won't be too much moving around. Any pattern as to the colors?

Gold fireeye's with a chub or shiner pounding off the bottom worked well last Friday, also gold rock-n-rolls, even the chubby darter got some action. It vary's from day to day, most of our luck has come on the gold rock-n-rolls, some days shiners other days chubs. Pink/white, and gold angleeyes worked best with shiners. Good luck.

kingfisher-explain exactly what the rock-n-roll is. Thanks

I don't remember who makes the jig, but it has a somewhat flat larger head tapered back, with the hook extended out from the jig, it hangs horizontal. The gold jig has little red painted eyes. Most likely every bait shop or resort would have them up there. Maybe someone else could explain it better than I have.

Fishing was good for us Thursday to Sunday last weekend, with Fri. being the best. Had enough to eat, and brought some home. I had the sauger hole, caught a higher percentage of them than others in my group. We were in 24-27 feet of water (transducer set at the bottom of the ice).

Bring your long underwear, it is going to be cold up there......