Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrismackmn

Best Bait Shops on the east side

20 posts in this topic

What is the best baitshop to go to if I am going to be going to the east side? I don't want to bring bait from the cities and want to get everything there.

Thanks

Johnsons portside in Isle will have everything you need. Along with ice and fishing reports.

Jimmy: I second that reply. If Johnsons don't have it you probably don't don't need it. Bill

thanks fellas.....good luck this week and keep the reports coming in! I am getting the itch, I hope some nice perch and walleye will take care of it.

Prince bait on HWY 169 is the best bait shop around

I usually hit Lundeen's Tackle Castle at the intersection of 169 and and 47 or 27 (i cant remember which. Great people there, and they know thier stuff. Usually ton of fishermen in there cleaning fish to. They will get you all the info, and the gear you will need.

I second all of the above posts, you won't be dissapointed at Prince's, Lundeens or Portside.

all very good places. meelens or holiday what ever it is, is the worst place i've ever been

I would go to Malmo market when you ask for a scoop of minnow's they give ya a scoop and a 1/2. I have had some ok encounters at Johnson's but it seems like the women who work there don't know much about fishing

I really like lundeens good people and healthy bait. Good fishing reports as well, they also have been guiding and in business as long as I can remember, that in it's self says alot. 169 N. you can't miss it, at the split.

Hands down, Prince Bait on 169 3 miles north of Milaca. Great bait, cheap prices. There scoop of minnows will last you a week there are so many. I paid a $1.97 for a scoop of crappie minnows one day and they could have lasted all winter.

I have been to all of the above and would have to agree with everyone else...even the post about Meleen's Holiday store. I don't stop there anymore. If you come up 169, Prince Bait does give you a ton of minnows for one of their scoops.

I read that lundeens was good on here last year so I thought I would give them a try. I went there and the guy in there was very rude. I asked if there was any good places to start fishing and he huffed and said "in the lake". He didn't want anything to do with talking to me. I don't know if this guy was a fill in for the usual staff or what but I won't go back.

Lundeen's and Mileen's have both been very poor in my opinin as far as price,service and # of minnows. They have the market cornered over at that end, anyone coming up 169 and does not know any better will always stop there, I guess that is why they are both so rude they think they will always have alot of business, and i suppose they are right-they just won't have mine! prince's and Johnson's are good bait shops.

Can't go wrong with Prince Bait... always make a point of stopping on the way up north. Not open on Sundays though.

since we are talking bait, does anyone know the the names of the two silver shiner minnows common in mn. bait stores? I was told years ago that the rough fish looking one is called the river run shiner, and the one that resembles the golden shiner but its silver are called arkansas. lundeens staff is never rude, and has offered many tips on the bite for myself and many. Price, come on guys 25 cents more a scoop WOW!! The bait is fresh and healthy every time. Prince is good, but seem to end up with alot parasites on the shiners. BIG scoops I cannot deny.

Don't want to be rude but the topic is "Bait shops on the EAST side" Mileen's and Lundeen's are on the south west side.

Johnsons Portside for me. Very nice people. Good fishing reports.

I would go up to malmo. Either bait shop is good.

I go with Malmo as well. Everthing you need and nmore is there.