• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

was out wed. at channel just some perch not many marked alot but no big takers.was out from 5:30 til 8:30.hows the landing on the eastside for getting off,was getting bad on monday when i was out.might be hard to get those wheel houses off if no one opens it up.

Kinda anxious to find out myself. Last outing had to get a li'l momentum to get out. I'm seeing snowplows out already this morning. Don't know how much we're supposed to get? Doesn't seem like much so far.

Channel is pretty dead right now, atleast where we were. 10 pm to 1 am 3 ok sized perch and 1 crappie..really slow.

Went out last night on foutian and got away from all the trafic and people set up in about 5 1/2 feet of water or so fished from 5-9 and got a couple dozen crappies and some sunnies. Much better than thurs night. Fish hit prettty steady till around 8:30 then really shut off. Talked to my buddy this morning (he stayed till 0100 am) he said not much after I left just a couple little eyes. Will be out again tonight and tomorrow night

wanger did you catch any after i left? just wondering call me tomorrow if ya hed out, i may go out in the afternoon hours if your around.

Notta, 1 crappie-PR caught. Boy we gave it til 11:30. Had to hit the pond by your bro's place of work today, 1 OK pike & a couple 8-10 inch crappies. Going back early in morn piking there.

fished sunday afternoon some perch on the point small ones only.I picked up more garbage then i did fish out there(propane bottle-cans-paper-fish)but not going to get started on that subject!thanks to the guy who plowed the landing and roads out there NICE JOB!!headin out today to see how it goes will report if any luck.

watch out at the bottom of the landing 2 ft deep hole ice somewhat heved up made a hole on the left side.

I heard a rumor that someone put the front end of their truck through the ice under the I35 bridge. Any truth to this?

The bait shop is in the Clark gas station which is on the corner of Broadway and Front St. about 2 or so blocks west of the channel. they are open 9 am to 9pm..or atleast thats what they advertise.

is the gas station under new ownership? all i know is it was under city-wide protest awhile back when the owners fired all the white people that worked there, without warning.

if its not under new ownership i'd rather drive to get my bait

yea thats the station. its a Indian family that has it but, its a older white couple that does the bait in there. so you are not giving your money to the indians in that sense..and I have stopped in there and talked to the owners and they are not really that bad...although a few people I know was in the group that got booted..oh well life goes on!

strange folks they are. one them wanted me to give him 100.00 for him to eat the bait from my pail. i said no you pay me 100.00 and i will give u the bait to eat. blew there minds after that comment. LOL

Here is the info on the baitshop from his business card.

The One Stop Shop

Maynard's Live Bait

9am to 9pm

I stopped by on Saturday around 4 and got 1 scoop of crappie minnows (huge scoop!!) Cost was $3.50 + tax which came to $3.75

When asked if the fish were biting, he said everywhere. One place that he said that confused me is "On Fountain Lake across from the high school." Now where would this be?

We did go to the channel and fished across from the handicap dock (16 inches of ice) and did not have a bite. We did see one big carp swim by the Aqua View that was it. Around 7 we moved out by the tent city by the mouth of the channel and never had a bite or seen a fish on the Aqua View. 24 inches of ice there, my arms are still sore from hand drilling the holes!!

We didn't hear if anyone was catching any fish as we had to leave at 8:30.

"on fountain lake across from the high school"

could be referring to the old high school, but its a couple blocks from the lake. what he was referring to was across from lakeview school. but he answered incorrectly. thats where the houses are. fishing hasn't been fast and furious there.

i doubt he was referring to the pond by the new high school since he said fountain lake. however it is one of the places in town that holds fish that nobody fishes.

Across from Lakeview would have been my guess also at the old Shoreland Heights "Beach"...

my old man stunk it up. i keep telling him to get some electronics, but he doesn't believe in them. he got a couple small crappies and bluegills just to the east of the actual beach.

I went out to the I-35 bridge this evening. Fished from about 4:30 to 8:00, only 1 14" walleye to show for it. Fishing in about 5' of water. caught the eye on a white frostee jig with a fathead about a foot off of bottom. caught it about 6:30. only bite that I had.