Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SalmonJedi

Riverbend Sleeper 1/10-1/12

9 posts in this topic

Thought I'd shoot out a quick report while I have time and it may help out some folks...

Four of us fished a sleeper from Thur afternoon - Saturday in about 34 feet for our annual LOTW trip. We ended up with 47 fish for the 2 and half days of fishing. Probably 20 of those were keepers. Had two nice slot fish at 23" and 24" and also had 2 nice 12" perch. The rest of the keepers were 14-17 inch eyes and 12-15" sauger. The remaining 25 or so fish were small saugers. Best day was probably Saturday thanks to a flurry of suspended walleyes (10-20 ft. below the ice) that came through between 5 and 6pm. All in all a good trip and our first time in a sleeper. It was not a bad way to go and will definitely will consider that option in the future.

Oh yeah - Most fish were off the bottom with 50/50 mix of jig and deadstick action. Didn't really seem to be preferential to shiners or fatheads. gold/red were better than other colors for jigs of course.

Good luck to all!

Thanks for the report. River Bend is top notch, so much so

that I bought a trailer there. They are fishermen thats for sure. Much hard work is done before the customers are hauled

out to a Lake of the Woods adventure.

There are several "world class" operations taking people fishing on LOW. Charlie, Judy, the guides, cooks, waitress's, work crew,

Max and Wilson too are fine examples.

Glad you had a good trip

Salmonjedi: Thanks for the report. I'm leaving in exactly two hours for Riverbend. Have been fishing with them for the past 8 years and they have always done a great job. Hopefully the fish are still thinking about biting when I get there. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Curt: Which trailer is yours in case I run out of beverages...LOL

Yes - it was my first time using Riverbend and I was real happy with their service. Talked with Charlie awhile while we were having breakfast(also very good by the way) and got some good advice about timing and thing as far as how the fishing goes year to year. He's a nice guy as are the other folks.

Bill - good luck on your trip! I'm jealous!

SalmonJedi, does Riverbend let you drive your own vehicle out to their sleepers, I'll be going up next Mon-Tues. and am wondering if it's a possibility? Thanks for any feedback.

We did drive out to the sleeper... They hook you up with a road pass from Adrians and follow their road most of the way. Then we split off onto a smaller road for a mile and a half or so that I believe was maintained by Riverbend. I would recommend a 4 wheel drive though to be safe.

Good Luck!

Wolfman thanks for asking that question. I will be up the same days as you at Riverbend however I am using the daytime houses and staying at the resort. I am hoping to drive out. I will be in a Red Explorer.

Eurolarva, I'll be driving a red extended cab Dodge Ram with a topper & a HotSpots Oudoors sticker on the tailgate. Stop by if you're in the area. Sounds like it's going to be chilly! Good luck.

I will be looking for you. I hope we can drive out. I want to take a portable with and move around.