Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
southbranch

Crappie Action

4 posts in this topic

Hello fellow fishermen, I was wondering if anybody had anything to say about the crappie action in the Ottertail area. Years past Norway was the spot then Heilberger, does anybody have any suggestions for 2008? I like to fish for big fish, I am still looking for a 15 incher for my wall, and as I have said before I'll fish all day to only catch one fish if I have a chance at a wallhanger. If anybody can point me the a general direction it would be very appreciated, my son and I have had a lot of fun out there the last few years. I am not looking for numbers just 1 quality fish. Thanks

good luck getting information about big crappies on an internet forum. especially one as popular as this site. most people have learned to be hush hush about active fish, otherwise their favorite spot can become overcrowded in a hurry.

Oh yeah, I forgot, feel free to e-mail me at southbranch07@yahoo.com

I know how a spot can get nailed, ie Norway. What a disappointment.

Has anyone heard of a single crappie being caught on Norway anymore. I used to fish it in the spring alot for bass and crappie, but we fish just for bass now. The winter after it got pounded I only saw two crappies and they both looked sick. Let me know if you had heard anything.