Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerchSlayer

White Bear Lake

4 posts in this topic

We are thinking about moving our permanent house from Medicine Lake to White Bear Lake. I was wondering if anyone has any information about ice thickness and if people are driving out there yet? Also, I am fairly new to the area and was wondering if anyone could give a heads up to an area that might be good for overnight walleyes? Thanks for the help.

There are many permanents on the lake now. Also, quite a few people are driving all sorts of vehicles on the ice. However, I have not measure more than 9 inches of ice in any of the 40+ holes I have drilled. I often measure 6 inches. Also, the top 1.5 to 2 inches is the slushy ice. In several spots a vehicle driving nearby caused water to start flowing out of the hole which was quite exciting. Good Luck!

We just put our perm out on WBL yesterday. We towed it with 1/2 ton. See the other WBL post for more info. We measured 14" + of ice in all holes, and we measured with tape measure. Lots of truck out there now, but I only know where we drilled. \:\)

We haven't hit a great spot yet, and only managed a couple eyes a night at best last year, but up to 22" so some were okay. So far this year, three trips, I have been skunked except for little perch. But easy for me, as only half mile from my house.

There are several little "cities" that will be getting bigger now that peole can drive, but I am staying away from them this year, trying to find my own little spot. We will see if that is smart or not, ha!

Good luck!

There are plenty of shacks out there now, prob more this year than the past 2 years...Plenty of ice, but watch out, some parts of the lake have springs and it gets as deep as 40-80 feet in some spots. Ice might be thin. In my experience the Bellaire Beach is the popular spot but the North portion of the lake has always been more productive. More people on the east side of the lake aswell. I think that people are getting fed up with the 7-10 feet of water off of Bellaire, hehehe. Good luck!!