• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arnesen's reports

Any new reports from Arnesen's or the Long Point area would be great. We will be heading up to Arnesen's next week for a couple days of fishing.

Ditto that!!! Taking my 13 year-old up on Friday. Would appreciate any reports \:\) We're going out of the resort so reports out of the rentals would be awesome.

Just got back from Arnesen's...first time up there for the 4 of us. We slept on the ice in a sleeper and it was a fantastic time...and for us the fishing was good. The bite was tough and very soft and subtle, I know that the guide who would check in on us 3-4 times a day said our house was doing the best of all because many were really struggling. We totaled 62 fish (3 of them sauger and 1 jumbo pearch) rest were walleye's and sauger. Largest was 26 1/2 walter with a 22 and 19 mixed in. A lot of small like 10 inch fish mixed in. Majority of fish was caught on a deadstick with a shiner and plain red hook. Jigging a rattling varmit or frostee was out caught by 3-1 to the deadstick. We were at 30 foot.

We couldn't say enough good things about our first time at Arnesen's Damien was the man when he popped in and checked in on us. Even if we had the tough luck the rest of the folks had last weekend we still would have had a blast.

My 6 year old son and I fished long point on saturday. We had fish from 8:30 til 5:00 but 90% were around 9-12 inches. We were in 27 fow. We did get a good run about 4:15 til 5:00 and managed a decent limit of walleyes 15-19 inches but we share a limit so its only 4 and we kept 2 13 inch saugers. We went west out of long point on there road and stopped by a reef there. We also fished 12 mile tuesday and wednesday but really struggled on wed. Good Luck

Bryan

Originally Posted By: love 16
My 6 year old son and I fished long point on saturday. We had fish from 8:30 til 5:00 but 90% were around 9-12 inches. We were in 27 fow. We did get a good run about 4:15 til 5:00 and managed a decent limit of walleyes 15-19 inches but we share a limit so its only 4 and we kept 2 13 inch saugers. We went west out of long point on there road and stopped by a reef there. We also fished 12 mile tuesday and wednesday but really struggled on wed. Good Luck

Bryan

why did you share a limit??? you should be able to keep 2 limits.unless the dnr changed that rule also.

why did they share a limit?

my guess is non resident,

under 16,can fish with out a license, but can't keep a limit, unless they buy a license.

just a guess.

I have a family license and I'm a non-resident so I understand that my children share my limit and when my wife is with then we would have hers and my limit for the kids to share? I think thats right. I can also buy my kids a youth license but my son just enjoys being out there with dad so whether we keep 4 or 8 he still always says he had his best day.

Bryan

My wife and I fished North Arnesons reef on Monday and were looking forward to good time based on all reports but sad to say we only got 1 keeper and lost 1. We marked very few fish. We were on 26 FOW on top of reef and temp was -20 in the morning. I was thinking we might have done better off deep edge of reef in 30-35 FOW?

We fished the 12 mile area and did OK. I thought we did bad, but according to other reports we were pretty fortunate. Each day our group of 3 day caught about a dozen walleyes, a few sauger, a dozen perch, and a couple tulibees. My friend got his personal best walleye twice with a 25 incher and a 28.5 incher. I'll be out there freezing my butt off this weekend. Sounds like I need to pick up some Shiners also.

We had a group of 6 that fished out of Arnesen's 1/13-14, and the fishing was very slow. We were off the Twin Island area both days. 29 ft one day and 28 the next. Had 3 keepers the first day using one house, split up in 2 houses the 2nd and ended up with 9 that day. Very few small ones to release, and no large ones in the protected slot. The other fisherman we visited with in the lodge reported the same results. Marked very few fish on the vex. I don't know if I have ever seen the red lines move so slow and sluggish before. Couldn't get anything to chase or follow on the jig stick, caught almost everything on the dead stick. Sorry for such a poor report, but the fishing never stays down for long on that lake it seems. Sometimes, if the weather stays stable, giong up a few days after some bad reports can be a great time to hit good fishing. On the plus side this is the first time we have stayed at Arnesen's and loved it. Very, very nice about everything, and were trying everything to get people on fish. I know you read this about all the places,but have stayed at several of them, and found this particularly true here.

Fishing was good on Long Point last Friday. I had 4 keeper Walleye and 3 sauger, released fish 13" or less and caught over 20 in total. All small ones were released. 19 was the biggest, 17 in sauger was a nice fish too.

I am comming up on Sunday and just wondering what you think the bite will be like. Never been up there before and wondering what a guy needs to bring with. Good Luck Fishing

We fished tues. wed. this week out of Arnesen's had a blast fishing was steady but not great 40 walleye sauger for 10 of us we had our best luck with a gold buckshot with a 8" lead with a red hook and a minnow. worked best to vibrate the rod instead of a true jig.

Thanks for the report. I am leaving in 3 hours. Will be back Wednesday to give a report.

Had some good but not great fishin. I averaged about 10 keepers a day, Party fishin. Through back about 4 a day that were to big and 15 that were small. Mostly walleye and few saugers. The best time to fish was morning to 2. We did not go out to 12 mile, instead we were east about 3 miles on the south side of the track van road in house 44. They bite the best on a silver pimple and a plain red hook. We did not catch any perch out east like they were out on 12 mi. Ate a lot of fish and drank a lot of beer had a great time. Good luck.

We were at Arnesen's on Wed and Thursday. Fished 12 mile both days. We really had to work hard to get our limits. The people at Arnesen's really are top notch. Nick one of the guys working 12 mile reef for Arnesen's was awsome. He said he was a guide not a god, but when we weren't catching or seeing fish on our vexilars. He worked extra hard to find a spot that was holding fish. I did however catch the largest jumbo perch in my life it was 14". Fantastic time can't wait to get back.

Originally Posted By: Big_Dog
The people at Arnesen's really are top notch.

That is for sure.

I agree was at Arnesen's last weekend. Good people, good guides that go that extra mile to try and make your time on the ice at the very least enjoyable even if the bite is slow. And last but not the least is the food at the lodge. Totally fantastic.

Five of us did well a week ago on 12 mile for two days. Caught a total of 83 fish and kept 55. Kept 23 10" to 13" perch 5 walleye and the rest were sauger. Largest eye was a 24" CPR. Largest sauger was 17" Guides Nick and Deano were great once again.

Spent the weekend at Arnesen's this last weekend. We did well but not great. We were on 16 mile reef. The bite was the best in the morning and almost nothing after noon. We managed to catch our limit but it was slow. Better size on Saturday. We did best on gold, gold and pink and just plain hooks in any color. We caught next to nothing while jigging. I was disappointed with all the dead frozen eel pout all over the ice. Must have counted at least a dozen around our rented house. A person really can't beat the service Arnesen's provides. We asked the guy to move us and he did not blink an eye, just hooked up the house and all and moved us to another spot. The " cabins" are clean and warm, everything anyone could need. I hope to get up to do another trip in late feb or march, any suggestions?

As you get later in the year, the fishing seems to get better but February is not bad either. I would receommend going up in February and then again at the end of March/beginning of April before ice out. Arnesen's reef seems to get fishy late in the season...

Any reports from Arnesen's for this past weekend?

Myself, iffwalleyes, his dad & a college buddy are headed up to fish Sunday - Tuesday.

Thanks!

marine_man

Any new updates from Arnesens? We're heading up on the 21st, and I've heard that the fishing has been really slow.

I had heard that fishing was slow also,

but after rolling through the cleaning shack the weekend before last i found out different. talked to augie and then took a look inside, and wow, then thought it's just the guides, talking the same old stuff, but then got up to the lodge and crystal was dropping off fish for the crews eating supper, Faw-Kinn-Ae,bags full of cleaned fish being passed around to all,albert had to be smiling, good days fishing for all. next time i'll believe augie when he said that fishing had been good that day.

Heading up Thursday night. Any good word? Probably hit 12 mile first and then work my way to Arnesen's Reef and then maybe Tower and then to the lodge for fresh fish... Hopefully the fish will cooperate.

Four of us fished for three days starting on the forth, fishing really slow, fish seem to be in transition as the depths fish were caught at ranged from 17 to 33 feet. We used the usual red hooks and glow jigs, tried gold hooks and rapala jigging spoons also. We caught 20 keepers for the 4 of us over the three days, some of the keepers pretty small.