Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

A VERY strange sight

7 posts in this topic

I was out sledding on Saturday and I was on the trail near rural Lake Park when I came up on a man city in a very nice Chevy pickup near a set of railroad tracks. I thought it was strange -- he was smiling and waived at me to say he was fine and sitting on the road about five feet away from him was a propane tank.

I thought that was strange too.

Thought about telling somebody (cops) but forgot by the time I got to Lake Park.

Said on the Forum website that the guy was killed by a train Saturday. He was also the guy that owned a business that burned down in Perham just a week ago.

Strange.

I read that story in the Forum today too. Are you sure it's the same guy??

What's the deal with the propane tank??? If you are planning on parking your truck on the tracks when an east bound coal train is coming, what do you need the propane for??

That guy was a sponser here at FM for a while, with his cactus resort.

100 percent sure. I knew him -- sorta from Perham where the in-laws are from.

Talked to the police -- We missed it by 10 minutes -- not kidding.

They do not know where the propane tank is.

Strange.

I just want to say If anybody thinks of doing something like this please,please talk to somebody. life is

short enough. Family ,Friends and if nothing else a nice sunrise on a frozen lake can cure anything. I'm not sure why or how people get to this point but it is not something loved ones can always recognize. So please, if you ever feel like life is to much, ask for help. YOU WILL GET HELP IF YOU ASK FOR IT ,and there is no shame in asking for it.Everybody gets down every now and then.We are here for a reason and that reason is not known to us until God takes us home. My thought's and prayers are with the family.I'm sorry for your lose and you are not alone..........

My prayers are with his family....and as ZOOM said above, if you or anybody you know has symptoms of depression PLEASE GET HELP, it is normal to experience these feelings and there are doctors whom specialize with these kinds of problems...TAKE CARE ALL!!

I agree with you guys 100 percent.

I also feel very bad for the Train conductors. They are away from their families for many days at a time. Can be very tough, i would think. Then you have somebody that does this...

I talked to a guy that knew the train driver -- said he saw his eyes staring at him the entire time ... that would be tough.