Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

How was the G T G?

19 posts in this topic

I was not able to make it. We had a sick little boy in the house yesterday and the wife stayed home this morning. The stomach flu -- ick.

We also worked on Pinewood Derby cars yesterday afternoon..

So how as the fishing? Who caught what?

Hitman

wasn't anyone there or do I have my weekends messed up?

the moorhead PD was cleaning up shop with the walters. It would have made you feel inadequate with your 10"ers... ;\)

See the Shake down post at the top of the forum...it was a good time...you were missed.

Good one Deadhead!! We had a great time....my buddies and I want to do it again. It sure was a nice day to spend on the ice meeting all of you. Take care

Cliffy.

Yeah -- I would have said the wrong thing and been arrested.

lol.

ah come on Hitman, you would have been safe. Working was the last thing on our minds! grin.gif

Perch destroyer now enjoys angling the Walleye, hope to add to the count soon.

Just kidding --

I get along with most of you LE guys.

Thats ok, most of us are still human.

Just having a little fun -- I work at a newspaper so we get along -- most of the time. ;\)

Wife got a ticket in Mhd late this summer -- you should check the thread -- this is where the teasing comes from.

Hitman, he is just teasing you...its all fun and games.....he might have even been the guy that wrote your wife the ticket. Should have been at the G T G and we could have exchanged stories. Take care

Cliffy.

Cliffy, dont lie to dahitman, you know i never work, thats what my bosses say. the Perch

Well, you take up space very well. grin.gif Just kidding..that would be my job.

hey man, i'm just a number. Next time we go out ice fishing, i'll show you how we pound the jig and put big fish on the ice down in Mexico. the Perch

Hitman...what's the word on Silver Lake..tried it once last year and wasted an afternoon out there. Any reason to try it again in your opinion?

Yes it is worth trying. I would head for the north west corner or the southwest corner.

It is a strange lake. i have had some success there but I have been skunked more often than not.

It is like a lot of little lakes -- when they are hitting it is awesome, but when the shut down it is over.

Stay away from the other people if you can. That should help.

The best day I ever had was on a very warm summer day in july. 90 degrees no wind. A buddy and I were watching some of the local "talent" on the beach and some of the dudes with no teeth that come from Fargo.

Why do those dudes have more Ink than teeth. And when do they bring their pit bulls to the beach where kids are?

Anyway, we caught at least 15 eyes that day and some had couple of huge crappies. Strange. They should not have been active, but they were.

Silver -- yeah it is worth it but it is all about timing.

Thanks for the response. I've heard good/bad about the lake. It's also not far from town..easy drive from Moorhead to spend a nice day on the lake.

Dogwatch, remember last year when we went there, wow, really bad. But it is refreshing to hear that there is in fact some fish in that lake. the Perch