• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Green Bay!

Nate McVey

I didn't think the Giants had it in 'em...........but thank God they did!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• zamboni

• Hammer Handle

• lookincalifornia

I am glad that dallas is out of the mix. Pack should make it to the super bowl but lose to NE

Should be an interesting game next week. Not a big surprise with NY as they legitimately should have beaten NE in game 16. Seems a lot like 96 with Dallas getting knocked off by Carolina. I don't see GB losing next weekend but you never know.

Who the $% cares? NOONE will beat NE this year- get it through your heads. Even if Moss doesn't touch the ball- they win. Would love to see him rip GB another new one though- sure seemed to love to do it in the purple and gold

Zamboni, you sound like a disgruntled Queen's fan to me? I agree that I don't think the Pat's will get beat this year, but Dallas did, as well as Indy.

I don't think I said anything about beating the Pats, nor did I say the Packers were going to the Super Bowl. I simply stated that the NFC team will have to win in Green Bay to make it to the big game.

Randy Moss this, Randy Moss that.......you queen fans always get your undies in a bunch when the Pack does well......relax and maybe take a boat cruise to take you mind off it grin.gif

the packers should be healthier than the G-men and win the NFC.

it's gonna take a key injury or something to beat the pats. who knows, maybe the san deigo d will get to brady. it kinda sounds like i'm rooting for an injury. i'm really not, i just think thats what it's gonna take.

Well- Rivers might be out, and Tomlinsons hurt as well. Even at 100% I don't think the Chargers had a chance, now they might as well stay home. And BTW- the Giants chances all depend on #10, he has a good Eli game and the Packs in trouble, he has a bad Eli game, and GB has no problems. Trust me, I had Eli on my FF team a couple years ago- never again, most incosistent QB in the NFL

Just look at Eli's game against the Queens. Dallas seemed to pass effortlessly on their defense most of the game, as well as rush for over 100 yards. The Giants finally got some pressure on Romo late in the game, and broke up the passing game.

Well the high temp is expected to be in the low single digits - should make for an interesting and very, very, cold game.

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
I am glad that dallas is out of the mix. Pack should make it to the super bowl but lose to NE

I agree with BnS.

You gotta give the Pack credit. They couldn't run the ball, and ever since Ryan Grant stepped onto the scene they have been smothering other teams and Grant has been running really well. I see a rematch of the 97 Super Bowl with the opposite winners and losers.

Overall, I just have to make the comment that the Packers fans have been pretty good sports this year, not too heady. Can't say the same about the Vikes' fans on these boards...too much whining IMO.

Sometimes the stars align and they did for the Pack. Young players playing well, decent schedule, tough at home, Favre playing like he's ten years younger...gotta give them credit.

Originally Posted By: da_chise31

Overall, I just have to make the comment that the Packers fans have been pretty good sports this year, not too heady. Can't say the same about the Vikes' fans on these boards...too much whining IMO.

Ill second that one, MN fans have been.......... Well just like us GB fans on a losing year but darn is it annoying coming from a team thats never won \:\)

I have to say I will be cheering for the Packers next week. There is only one team in the NFL that I dislike more then the packers, and it is the giants! Go packers I know they can beat the giants! Good Luck !

I see a rematch of the 97 Super Bowl with the opposite winners and losers.

"Overall, I just have to make the comment that the Packers fans have been pretty good sports this year, not too heady. Can't say the same about the Vikes' fans on these boards...too much whining IMO.

Sometimes the stars align and they did for the Pack. Young players playing well, decent schedule, tough at home, Favre playing like he's ten years younger...gotta give them credit.

Whatcha gonna do Pack when #4 retires?- back to mediocrity. I said it before- I like Favre, but hate the Packers. One question-when he does (finally) retire- what do you guys think he will do-broadcaster, coach, maybe just chill out on his acreage?

rodgers is already better than any qb the vikes have, so should be another nfc north title \:\/

i think he'll lay low and spend time with his family. he's too goofy to be a coach and to boring a speaker to be on tv. i do think he should call it a career after this dream season no matter what. cool.gif

zamboni, I doubt it'll actually be mediocrity. Sure, Favre is the spirit and the on-field leader of the Pack, but they've got some good young talent there to build around, and if they can find even a decent quarterback to lead them (they already have one in the wings) I'd expect them to hang around .500 for the first season or two and sort of hope to limp into the wild card round. Uh, kind of like the record and playoff hopes the Vikes usually have.

Aside from being born in LaCrosse and having a childhood there during the Lombardi era — and so being genetically and environmentally unable to be a fan of any other pro football team — I've HATED the Dallas Cowboys ever since people stared calling them "America's Team." Yuck. Same reason I never want to see another winning Atlanta Braves season. America's Team. Sheesh. Give me a break. I can't tell you how happy I was to see the Giants take advantage of their fourth-quarter panic attack.

Prediction? As Eli goes, so go the Giants, and you never know how Eli's going to go. I agree somewhat with what was already stated. If he's at the top of his game it's going to be nip and tuck with no clear advantage. If he's not playing that well, the Pack should handle it with ease.

I think with the temps in the low single digits it will be interesting to see how Favre handles it. He didnt handle it well against the bears a couple weeks ago, but it was also windy to. I have to believe the cold weather will equalize the teams even more. I think Burress as big and physical as he is will be able to get free off the line of scrimmage and give the giants a few big play opportunities but the weather may make it difficult for Eli to connect. It will truely come down to a few turnovers and/or big special teams plays. The giants have to make sure they don't allow a Jennings or Driver 8 yard slant to go 80 yards also.

I said it earlier, but will say it again with a prediction-

Peyton type Manning shows up:

Giants 24- Pack 14

Archie type Manning shows up:

Pack 27- Giants 7

When Eli does well, so does the flow of their "D", thats why theres a difference in my scoring.

Grant will rush for another 200yds Pack go to the bowl.

I'll be rooting for the AFC if that happens.

i think the run games will be pretty equal. the big guy for the giants is built for the weather and runs well. it may come down to a big return somewhere. that D line for the giants is a little scary. i don't expect strahan to get a sack like the record breaker a few years ago, but they are gonna try and put pressure on. i expect lots of quick slants and screens. surprise, surprise.

Forecast for sunday: high of 4 degrees and winds gusting to 19mph. Thats worse than what the pack played in against Chicago. Wonder how Favre will respond this time as well as the GB punter.

Temp wasn't the real problem in Chi-town it was the wind, it was sustained 20-25 mph with gust up to 40 mph.I think the Pack will handle the Giants without a doubt. My score Pack 31 Giants 17.

\

Jar Jar

I dont see anyone scoring 31 points with temps probably at 0 degrees at kickoff. I see a score of about 17-13, not sure who will win. I don't think the giants will get rolled up.

With the temp being so cold you will hear Grant's name all game long racking up the yards. My prediction for the game is

Packers- 27

G-Men- 13

I have a feeling it will be a close game the 1st 1/2 but the Pack will run away with the game in the 2nd 1/2.

i have a feeling that the pack have a great shot at the title. If they keep playing the way they have been, there going to have a shot at somethign special.

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
i have a feeling that the pack have a great shot at the title. If they keep playing the way they have been, there going to have a shot at somethign special.

NOBODY will beat the Pats