Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
mfishing

W. Battle ice conditions?

mfishing

Just curious if the ice improved with the warmer weather a week ago or so. Fished W Battle over New Years weekend and the ice was spotty with slush. I didn't feel very safe driving the ATV just anywhere. Planning to head that way around the end of the month so wondering what to expect.

ChuckN

I would say the lake is good to go for ATV/snowmobile traffic. This weekend I saw a few trucks ventured out to the mid-lake structure, but there's no way I would do that..

There are some major slush fields that will stop you dead in your tracks with an ATV and may get good and stuck....know from experience while taking a little cruise. crazy.gif The big freeze in the forecast should take care of the slush and hopefully make some good ice. The ice now is pretty inconsistent.

mfishing

Thanks for the info. Last time up the slush and spotty ice really dictated where we could fish. Hoping to be able move around a bit more this time around.

GRAND DAD

What I can tell you is if you go from Shore line cafe and the publix landing and made a triangle out to the second group of fish houses out there the ice is anywhere from 15 inches to 18 inches I have been out there the last couple of weeks the weekend before last there was slush this weekend I didn't see any and the snow is starting to settle down a bit from that warm up fishing has been pretty slow managing a couple crappies nothing to wright home about and I haven't gotten any eyes yet. Hope this helps ya.

mfishing

Thanks for the info and the report. The forecast sounds downright nasty so hopefully that firm things up a bit more. If I have any luck I'll report back. Thanks again.

BassPirate

Is this "West Battle" you're referring to? I heard the slab crappies are biting there. Someone forwarded me a newspaper article. My IA buddies and I are headed up in a few weeks. We'll have to check it out. Glad to hear we can drive out.

GRAND DAD

Don't just go diving out there you might find yourself in trouble pay attetion to were people allready are driving!!! There is a presure ridge that is there as of last week end it wasn't a concern but with this cold coming in I have no idea what its going to do with it and if you look at my report its just a small erea that I know is safe I have heard of some very Sketchy conditions past that triangle that I was refering to. So be carefull!!!!!!!!