• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How's the East Side Bite??

tool68

A couple of us are heading up on the 20th and 21st to fish the Sunset Bay area with our daughters. Anyone having any luck in this area? Any suggestions appreciated as we'll be working with short attention spans!!

I was up there yesterday out of hunters point on the boot flat and didn't even get a bite the fish where there they just wouldn't take anything, I tried everything from eurolarve to fatheads to shiners and they just looked at it. You could pull them three to four feet off the bottom but then they would just go back down.

Jeep Guy - Appreciate the feedback. Will do our best. Maybe watching them on the cameras/flashers will keep the kids occupied. If anything else develops, please let me know. Thanks,

i was up there saturday overnight off of shaws, SE side. Fished sunday til dark. Got a few perch out deep, and caught 4 jumbos that we kept. No other fish to speak of. Very tough bite, they would come in and just look... or else come in and attack. I hope to get back up there again soon and try my luck again. Good luck

We were marking fish all day sunday as well, threw the entire tackle box at them without much luck. They would follow everything from microsized jigs with waxies to large chubby darters up about 5-6 feet and then retreat back to the bottom.

WHAT????? gotta here this one. I read your other post, you destoyed the eyes on dog food??? better pull up my pants its getting a little deep in here.

A buddy and I went out of hunters point Sunday...took the road to the flat...we were on atv and trailer in tow...we made it but there was some slush pockets to go thru. There appeared (didn't measure) to be about 10" of ice in our holes. But the plow truck came out and went around and didn't fall thru. I would still only drive atv or sled out there...but the cold weather we will be getting should help. Fishing was terrible...caught two small eyes. Appeared to be a lot of little stuff on the bottom. We went into two mile and fished the afternoon. Saw some nice marks but tuff to get bites. Both my buddy and I lost decent fish that we had on. To be honest...I'll probably wait for better fishing reports before I hit the big pond again this winter. But I did have a fun time trying on Sunday!

Everyone. Thanks much for your replies and appreciate the input. If your heading out this weekend, best of luck to you and stay safe.