Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
norball22

Does anyone know how or where to ice fish Big Splithand?

6 posts in this topic

I have been out on Splithand a few times this year ice fishing. Most of my focus has been on crappies so any sort of report on current methods that have been working would be great. I am also very interested in finding some walleyes out there. Any info would be great.

Thanks

check out in front of the store on the east shore for the crappies and to the south of there you also can catch some walleye there or else try the sunken island

Jason

Do you have the gps coordinates for the sunken island? When you say south of there do you mean south of the river by Big Split hand resort? Thanks for the info so far. Have you ever fished the 30 foot holes that are on the dnr map? If so is there one out in front of the resort?

Thanks

no GPS cords. and south of the resort by the power line

Jason

Jason, Hear lots of reports about BSH at work. Have some info that may help if ya give me a call on my cell.

Fish out in front of dirty daves resort. Bout 20' 1' off bottom. Drill holes everywhere and hole hop if you want to have any luck.