Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anyfishaldo

Daughter's first time on the ice!

8 posts in this topic

Was planning to check out my new Cabela's Underwater Camera at Medicine but my 6 year old daughter surprised me with a request to go. Needless to say I changed my course of action and set off on finding anything that would bite.

I thought I would be out fro an hour and head back home but we found more 6 inch perch than you could catch and she even said the one man Clam has to go so we have more room! Mom loved that.

Had to keep a few dinks but it was worth cleaning, she said we should go again!

Great day on the water even if I didn't catch many.

Thats good she had fun, hopefuly it will stay that way! Try Red Rock Lake in Eden Prairie, She will get more sunfish than she will know what to do with - that and they will hat anything!!! Good luck and have fun with the new bigger house ;\)

that is awesome that she had a great time. Just think, its a great way for you to get out and go fishing and get away from the house. Thats awesome.

Awesome to hear. Great to get the kids out on fish. Hope you guys have many more years of fishing together.

That's awesome. I took my daughter out last year for her first time. She was a little less than 2 years old. We setup some tipups and I was walking over to get a jigging rod when she started yelling. I turned around and a tipup was up. I thought maybe she had done it until I saw the spindle start spinning. We brought in a small northern and released it. She then says to me, "Again, again!"

Hard to manage those expectations. She still loves it though. \:\)

Way to go anyfish. I've got two girls and they love going fishing with me.

I second the comment for Red Rock. I've caught well over 50 sunnies a day there without even moving the shack. They aren't worth writing home about but the kids love it. There are also bass and norts too so you can show your little one how tip-ups work. Also, the water clarity is like 10ft so your camera would work awesome if the fishing is slow.

Thats just awesome. I wish I could have seen her excitement. I took my niece out fishing last week, and that is what it is all about I tell ya. My niece was pumped, just makes my excitement x 10. The sunfish/crappie bite on the vexlar just got her in the zone. Everytime I'm out by myself I think of that and I'm like a little kid in my Eskimo fort.

I have fun getting little kids out ice fishing. The perch, and small sunfish are a persons best friend.