Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
hooknhawgs

Eagan Area

hooknhawgs

Hey all. Moved up to the cities from Mankato a few months ago and I was wondering if there are any decent lakes for some ice action. I'm not too picky on species, just looking for a good day on the ice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hook

o god i was out on holland today and boy am i sick of the eagan lakes and all of there tiny sunnies. if i were you i would drive around other places for better fishing

hooknhawgs

That's not good news. I figured that one of the lakes around here would be decent. Oh well, guess i'll have to expand the search. Thanks for your help. Anyone that knows any differently, feel free to chime in!

Hook

fisherman-andy

Hooknhawgs there are a few lakes in Eagan that still hold some nice bass here & there. Most panfish are small though. Avoid the larger lakes in Eagan and try the smaller ones for better success.

Don't forget the lakes just south of Eagan in Apple Valley & Burnsville, Savage, Lakeville. There some good fishing to be done in those neighboring cities too which is probably just minutes away.

hooknhawgs

Andy-

Thanks for the reply. As soon as I saw the other reply, I did just that. Looks like there are some pretty promising lakes in the vicinity. Appreciate the advice.

Hook

fishin789

5 hours on fish lake. very small crappies and sunnies. no pike.

4 hours on shultz lake. small crappies and sunnies.

4 hours on carlson lake small sunnies and crappies.

Not catching anything in size but still fun to get out.

hooknhawgs

Thanks for your help fishin. I don't mind weeding through the small ones every once in a while.

Browningbolt

I live in Eagan, I used to drive to prior to fish sunnies, but this year the sunnies at prior were the same size as eagan fish. (about the size of a potatto chip), so i decided that if i want to fish sunnies i'd save my gas and time and fish eagan.

hooknhawgs

Yeah, I think i'm going to steer clear of Prior Lake itself but it looks like there are plenty of other good lakes in the area that might not be as crowded.

fisherman-andy

Like I said, choose the nearby smaller lakes or ponds and you'll find better success. Most panfish are stunted in the Eagan area lakes. Take for instance them small Crappies on Carlson. They've been 5 to 7 inches for as long as can remember 15yrs+.

Frequent Winter or Summer kills has spawned some nice size fish too. But again most fish are small.

MuskieJunkie

I have lived in Eagan for 3 years, I think I fished Holland 2 or 3 times (nothing but potatoe chip sunnies) and that's it for Eagan lakes. I usually drive South or west for ice fishing.

hooknhawgs

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus. Thanks for the help guys. Hope to see you out there sometime!

Hook

borg0196

I work in the Lebanon Hills Regional Park, the fishing can be good. You just have to put a lot of effort into getting past the small panfish. Holland has some huge Northerns in it. The problem is that they are rarely hungry. Most of the other lakes in the park are filled with small panfish. The big fish that were in those lakes were taken.

South_Metro_Slayer

what about that lemay lake is there any fish in there?

fisherman-andy

Which Lemay are you talking about SMS? There is two nearby and I have fished both of them. The one by the Cemetary is really private and almost impossible to access. I caught nothing out of that one. Not even Sunnies. It could be just an bullhead/minnow pond. But the one by the Apt complexes have bass & panfish.