Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyecrazy

colloinwood

26 posts in this topic

has any one been out there wondering how the ice is and if the fish are bitting

Funny you should ask. I was thinking of heading over there myself for the first time in a long time. Can't help with your questions though as I haven't heard anything about it this winter.

i was thinking about going out there sometime this week. Anyone get out?

I made it up there this afternoon and managed one perch and one 11" walleye. Didn't get any sort of flurry at sunset in the spot I was on. Water was pretty clear.

Is there any croup of houses on collinwood?

how far do you think you can see down dan?

There are a couple groups out there.

I could see my jig falling probably 6-8 feet easy.

perfect. I am going to try and get out there soon.

Are they driving on the lake?

Yeah, they're driving.

perfect, i think im going to come and hit this lake on sunday or monday. thanks for the information

Hey guys, thanks for the input, I fish Collinwood in the summer quite often and I always do very well, have only ice fished once and I walked so my question is for a guy with a 2 wheel drive truck, which landing is better for winter, the public landing or is it better to go to the campground thanks for any help.

Welcome to Fishing MN. cool.gif

I don't know what the campground landing looks like right now, but the north access has a sharp heave right when you leave the blacktop. Might be the boat landing buckling. I saw a guy pull his wheelhouse off and made it on Sunday. He stopped and surveyed the situation for a second and then went for it. Could be tough for a bigger house. Just a truck is no problem. The campground landing is longer and steeper which might be tougher with a 2WD

Hey thanks I am heading there Sat. Am BRRRR.. I remember there being a heave right there last winter to thats why we walked thanks again for the input.

Good luck and stay warm!

this lake can have great potential, just a matter if you can find the fish. I want to get out there and spear it before the winter is over.

My best day ever fishing walleyes was on that lake 4 yrs ago a couple weeks after opener. I think im going to try it through the ice too!

whats the lake like for clarity. I know that in the summer time, its so green that its hard to run a spinnerbiat through it

Was out on collinwood tonight. Very slow...could hardly mark any fish. Was on the east side out from the campground. Talked with a few guys and all the same story??

I have talked to a few guys from Glencoe and Silver Lake, and everyone that i have talked to, said that all the lakes are dead. Swan was hot a month ago, and now its dead. SO im not sure whats going on. I think the cold killed everything

The northern fishing use to be pretty good there but the last few years they have hit the lake hard. Eyes can be found but the larger northerns I believe are about gone.

Years ago, I could go there and with no problem pick up at a minimum, a couple 7-10# northerns but that stopped last year.

i think this lake has been so popular in the last few years that alot of fish have been taking out of here.

I fished out there once last year and did very poor, i went in on the opposite side of the park

seems like alot of people do well right in the middle of the lake towards the north end

anyone been out here latly. How does the water look for clarity. Thinking of hitting it before the end of the season.

Thanks for any info.

Havnt been out but from what I hear it's pretty slow.